PDA

View Full Version : Help me brainstorm -- Non-stuff gift for 7 year old....

kayte
08-20-2007, 08:16 PM
My nephew and his younger siblings have just about every toy made. So for Christmas this year I would like to get him something that's not more stuff to clutter up their house, like movie tickets but more original. I have come up with some ideas for two younger ones... can you help me with some ideas for him?

katydid1971
08-20-2007, 08:49 PM
How about tickets to an event like a pro sports event or an ice show, a rodeo, or musical theater. Does he like a certain character like Dora or Blues Clues because they often have live shows. Or an amusement park, water slides, the zoo, a science museum, tockens for Chucky Cheese. Just a few ideas, its more a matter of what is going on in his area and what his interest are, check the paper or the internet for ideas of some child appropriate happenings going on where he lives.
HTHs
Sarah

Tondi G
08-20-2007, 11:13 PM
My 1st thought was movie tickets. Our local theater sells gift packs with 2 tickets, and certificates for a large popcorn and 1 drinks... for something like $25.00.

My 2nd thought was maybe buying a membership for a Zoo or local museum for the whole family to enjoy over and over all year long!

Other ideas

Magazine subscription... maybe Nickelodeon Magazine?

a couple of tickets to a local amusement park

DVDs

new_mommy25
08-21-2007, 01:06 AM
Magazine subscription - Highlights, Mational Geographic Kids or something from Cricketmag.com. Ask looks pretty cool. http://www.cricketmag.com/ProductDetail.asp?pid=8&type=

winifredzb
08-21-2007, 11:13 AM
How about some stocks or stock? Like Disney or another stock which he would find interesting?

danagee
08-21-2007, 03:56 PM
I was thinking decorative/holiday/personalized pillow cases. You could make these yourself with different printed fabrics if you have a sewing machine.
Of course, they'll clutter up the house, but just a little.

Dana
ds 8/04 * dd 1/06