PDA

View Full Version : company KIDS storage have you ever purchase any of there products?

tinatruong
08-24-2007, 01:09 AM
I want to get this for the kids play room but I am not sure if the wood is SOLID or cheap wood . Has anyone ever gotton something like this from company kids? Any feedback would help. I saw something similar on pbk but double the price maybe becuase the quality is better.. I just dont want to spend 600 on something that is cheap...

http://www.thecompanystore.com/parent.asp?product=ZK65x%5F2&dept%5Fid=5301

thanks again !!!!!

1ceng1
08-24-2007, 07:38 AM
I have one of thier storage units and it is not made so well. It is made of particleboard and the doors have broken off after only 1 month of use. Granted, my kids use the shelves, but it should have lasted longer than that! I would never buy furniture from them again.

glbb35
08-24-2007, 08:07 AM
I ordered several years ago a bench similar to the one in the link below. It isn't solid wood but like a wood laminate. Ours was definitely not particle board. It is actually pretty heavy and the storage boxes that slide in and out can be difficult to slide but overall we have been really satisfied with it. We have had it for about 3 1/2 years without a scratch. It is solid enough to sit on top of it as well. I personally can't see spending an a ton of money on kids furniture no matter what the quality. It is still just that, kids furniture and at some point it will be messed up. Less heart ache on an item you spent less money on.

http://www.thecompanystore.com/parent.asp?product=xk10x&dept%5Fid=5301

Good luck

B

tinatruong
08-24-2007, 08:37 AM
I cant THANK YOU enough I was so ready to CLICK and buy it now ... i am glad I check with all you smart ladies first before I DID... I think i should pay a little more and get something that will last a while.. its for the game room were the kids have a play area set up and I just wanted something nice ....

nupe
08-24-2007, 08:45 AM
We have these storage pieces (see below), without the doors, in the honey color. We bought them almost a year ago. I built them myself--everything is fairly sturdy, even the one I forgot to use the glue on the pegs on (can't tell which one that is!). The back isn't the strongest material; but it doesn't matter for us since we have them almost gainst the wall. I have four of them, all around the floor of the playroom, since the playroom is a sunroom and full of windows and therefore can't stack them. I think it is safer to have them all on the floor anyway. They were *much* cheaper, and a bit larger than the ones I had originally wanted at Land of Nod. Our CS bins have held up beautifully with daily use. We dump toys in them, and stack things on top, like oversized books, ryan's room fire station, plastic containers w/extra trains and track, etc. I would buy them again.

http://www.thecompanystore.com/parent.asp?product=xk08x&dept%5Fid=5301

In case the link doesn't work,the item is called
Stackable Cube Storage Collection

I have bought other items from companys store too, like the toybox/bookshelf that was the deal of the day a few months back, which is perfect for DS's nightstand. I don't see it on the website anymore.

lovin2shop
08-24-2007, 01:11 PM
I have that exact set in blue. They are MDF, I believe same as PBK (at least they were the same at the time I was buying). If I remember correctly the only real difference between the two was that each cube is about 1 inch smaller than the PBK set. We have a smaller space, so I was happy with the smaller scale. My biggest problem has been scratching. The blue paint scratches easily and there is a white finish underneath. I even scratched a few pieces myself just from putting it together. Other than that, I really like the set. And for what it's worth, I had read reviews that the PBK set had the same scratching problem. If they sold a matching paint pen, I would be totally happy with the purchase. You can only see the scratching up close and overall the set looks really cute in my son's room.

So, if you are looking for a really nice quality solid wood piece, then this isn't it. However, I had a hard time finding something like that would store toys as effectively. Also, I realized that we would likely use this piece for less than 10 years, and realistically probably only 5-7, so I wasn't too concerned about it being MDF.

jk3
08-24-2007, 01:49 PM
We have the same set in honey and I think it's decent for the price. It comes in many, many boxes and assembling it takes time but we've been pleased with it. It's not the best quality but it does not seem that different from PBK quality and it's a lot cheaper than one of the PBK systems.

Jenn
DS 6/03
DS 5/07

Masik
08-24-2007, 07:41 PM
We don't have any of it, but I wanted to add that when I was on a market for a toy storage and a friend of mine suggested http://www.viatoybox.com/products/products.php?name_ctg=storage%20sets&type=
She is SUPER happy with looks, sturdiness, quality, and price, and I would buy it too! We just don't have many toys and Ikea Expedit is taking over our pretty small play room already :). Otherwise I'd purchase it in a heartbeat!

Marina, mom to sweet baby Daniel (02/01/2006)