PDA

View Full Version : Recommendations for an excellent baby monitor?

gatorsmom
09-05-2007, 10:11 PM
We're going to need a second baby monitor in the house when the twins get here. I currently have a Philips one that I bought 4 years ago. I LOVE IT. It was recommended by BBB as a dark horse option. However, Philips doesn't make those anymore. I'd like one that I can leave on all the time, doesn't interfere with anything (except maybe the microwave) and never has a bad static noise. I"m willing to pay more for it since I plan to use it for several years afterwards.

Can anyone recommend one that they love?

Lisa
Mom to Gator July 2003
And Cha-Cha July 2005
and surprise! twins due 11/07!

nupe
11-04-2007, 08:53 AM
Bump.

I'd like to know of if anyone has a monitor they love too.

Aishe
11-05-2007, 02:55 AM
Our Evenflo (can't remember which model, but it was 900mhz) just stopped working last week so we replaced it with the Sony Babycall. I can't believe how much better the Sony is. I wish we'd replaced the Evenflo a lot earlier. The Sony is just incredibly clear without a lot of static. I'm very pleased with it.

bubbaray
11-05-2007, 12:03 PM
We got this one from Summer for DD#2:

http://www.summerinfant.com/audiomonitors.htm

It is the first one at the top of the page, but if I did it again, I might get the one further down that looks the same but has 2 receivers. The receiver is portable (battery), but who has an extra hand with a newborn?? DH clips it to his pants, but I wear a lot of yoga pants and it d/n work well with those.

We run a wireless network at home, 2 different brands of wireless phones, no interference with ours. The FP one we used with DD#1 picked up all the wireless stuff in the neighborhood.

HTH

Melissa

DD#1: 04/2004

DD#2: 01/2007

infocrazy
11-05-2007, 12:15 PM
I love our Sony one. It has a voice activated option. I can't sleep when you can hear every little move. This comes on for a few seconds when there is noise (light bar and sound), then shuts back off. We have a motion and sound one for DS2, which I love the motion part but don't use the sound because it drives me nuts to hear the silence.

JdrKuhnert
11-05-2007, 12:17 PM
We have the Philips SCD589 monitor and love it. We've never had any interference and leave it on all of the time. We have a wireless network in our place, wireless phones, etc. We don't pick up the monitor from the condo next door either. The nursery is on the first floor and we have thick concrete walls. It transmits just fine in our place. The monitor automatically switches between channels, tells the room temperature, has a night-light, and plays lullabies.
There is also a 2 parent version available.