PDA

View Full Version : Laptop / bento box and lunchboxes

mom to little e
09-07-2007, 12:16 PM
Please help! I ordered two Laptop lunch bento boxes thinking the soft-side LL Bean lunch box we had would fit - no luck! DS really wants to use the bento boxes but now I've got to find another lunch box that will work. I would love the soft-side kind that can be monogrammed (DS's request).

I know there was a thread where someone had posted photos of what they used but I can't find it or which lunch box they used anywhere.

Thanks!
Maryann
Mommy to Ean & Mia!

juliasmom05
09-07-2007, 12:56 PM
Here you go. There are pictures of the LL Bean Critter Lunch Box with the bento boxes.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=12&topic_id=73636&mesg_id=73636&listing_type=search#73709

Marci

deannanb
09-07-2007, 01:25 PM
I bought a sub-zero lunchbox at walmart (or target) that holds the boxes really nicely!
I just took a permanent marker and wrote ds name on the lunchbox.
I used my label maker to label the bento box.

hth

tny915
09-07-2007, 04:00 PM
Crocodile Creek lunchboxes fit the Laptop Lunch bento as well.

http://www.shopatron.com/index/476.0.17349.0.0.0.0

Girly_Qs
03-26-2008, 11:21 PM
I bought a sub-zero lunchbox at walmart (or target) that holds the boxes really nicely!
I just took a permanent marker and wrote ds name on the lunchbox.
I used my label maker to label the bento box.

hth

According to testing I saw (quick Google) the red/black sub-zero lunchbox has 7,700 ppm of lead . . .. Not sure precisely *where* it's at (all over? tag? etc) but that's WAY high, IMO.

Globetrotter
03-27-2008, 12:13 AM
I ended up with the Cool Tote Grande lunchbag. It's the perfect size for the Laptop lunchbox with some room to spare, but not enough for a water bottle, in case that is an issue for you. My kids will carry the water bottles in their backpacks, so it isn't really an issue.

These aren't monogrammable, but once he sees the cool designs I bet he won't care ;)

http://www.coollunchbags.com/servlet/Categories?category=Cool+Tote+Lunch+Sack+Grande

Kris

mamalia
03-27-2008, 03:39 AM
Funny this popped up, Bargains Board has info about Crocodile Creek lunch boxes for $10.81 shipped ($9.99 plus FS) from William Sonoma. Regular price is $14.99.

vwh99
03-27-2008, 11:42 PM
I'm thinking of doing the Crocodile creek lunch box w/ Laptop bento, but will anything else (ie-small juice box or possibly water bottle) beside the bento box fit into the lunchbox? Based on dimensions, it seems like not much else will. Thanks so much.

Val

DDowning
03-28-2008, 07:49 AM
I'm thinking of doing the Crocodile creek lunch box w/ Laptop bento, but will anything else (ie-small juice box or possibly water bottle) beside the bento box fit into the lunchbox? Based on dimensions, it seems like not much else will. Thanks so much.

Val

Water bottles won't but juice boxes are flat enough to fit in the larger space. We only use 3 of the 4 containers (my two are young enough that they don't eat that much) leaving space for the box. Horizon Chocolate and Vanilla boxes (like you find at Starbucks) fit too if you're feeling decadent, just slip in a cold pack on top to keep cool. I found a soccer ball and crown at Target that just go on top of the box then I zip the CC lunchbox shut.