PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for DS #2 1st birthday

happy2bamom
09-10-2007, 09:18 AM
DS #2 is turning one this week (boy does that first year go fast!!!). Family have started asking what to buy for his birthday. I need some ideas. Since he is DS #2, we have MORE than enough toys. I was thinking about getting him a kinderzeat (like his brothers), but he still does really well in his high chair. Any ideas? TIA

vdrake71
09-10-2007, 09:16 PM
The Gertie Ball or other soft balls are nice.

brittone2
09-11-2007, 09:59 AM
Our KZ was one of our best ever purchases, but DS also really disliked the highchair. Do you think you'll need a booster before long?

My DD turns 1 in Dec. and she really doesn't need much. I'm thinking of getting her a Spiel und Holz birthday ring and some accessories for her 1st bday. DS would get to use it too. It isn't something she'd be playing with, but I thought it might be a nice family tradition (and I am considering a birthday crown and banner to go with it to use every year). She might also get some Spiel Und Holz things like the rainbow boxes and the nesting rainbow set. That's probably about it.

For CHristmas I have the Haba ball track (the one w/ a big ball, not the marble sized one) put away for her. That gets great reviews here for 1 year olds. It might be something fun.

Books? You could fill a tote bag, a sand bucket, or something similar with unique books. www.Chinaberry.com and www.barefootbooks.com are two of my favorites this time around (never got around to ordering from them when DS younger).

Token toy and a donation to a savings account? Open a college savings plan? An "experience" gift like a membership to an aquarium, zoo, or kid-friendly museum?

ETA: Do you have a learning tower? They also have a smaller sized one that folds up now for storage. Our Learning Tower is still one of our most-used items. DS started using his around 16ish months I think.

Happy birthday to your baby boy!

happy2bamom
09-11-2007, 04:30 PM
Thanks so much. Your suggestions were really helpful. I had forgotten about the Learning Tower, I may look into that.