PDA

View Full Version : Which ride on toy for a 1 year old?

giavila
09-12-2007, 06:31 PM
Hello,

Well I think I've read every post regarding ride ons, but I still can't make a decision. My DD #2 is turning 1 next week and since I already have a 3 1/2 year old DD with a lot of the "must haves" I think the only ideas I have are adding more instruments to our collection and a ride on toy. We already have a RF walker wagon, a Kettler, doll stroller, and a shopping cart. Our Kettler is for outdoors only so I want something she can use indoors and/or outdoors. I've narrowed it down to the Chicco train and the Cozy Coupe... help me decide please! I want something that will have staying power and that isn't too bulky for indoors. Do you think the Coupe is too big for indoors? Will she grow out of the Chicco train too quickly? I know she is still young so she won't "get" the Coupe right away, but I think she'll have fun climbing in and out and just sitting in it. I don't mind that it's something she has to grow into.
Thanks for you help!

BeachBum
09-12-2007, 06:35 PM
I'm not familiar with the train, but we love the cozy coupe. We have the original, hard top version.
As for being too big-I think that depends on your house. We can do it inside, but when the weather is nice it goes outside. My son got his for his first birthday and has played with it continuously for a year with no sign of slowing down. I would buy it again no doubt.

giavila
09-12-2007, 10:11 PM
Thanks for your input! Does anyone have any experiences with the Chicco Train...lasting power? thanks

sidmand
09-13-2007, 07:54 AM
I think that's the one we have. Honestly, DS isn't a good little guy to go by, since he's not so interested in ride-on toys (he likes pushing them though!). But he's a VERY tall just over two-year-old and does still find it interesting. He also isn't so keen on his Cozy Coupe though either! But I think that would be kind of too big for inside, unless you have a really big inside. A friend of ours has one in her basement and that works (they have the police car, cute!). We just use ours in the driveway, but we also got it used. It's a bit beat up, but works fine.

The train has a compartment for kids to stick things in, which I've heard they enjoy. Again, DS, not so much! But he does find it a bit intriguing.

Not sure if that helped! I liked that it didn't really have too many bells and whistles. Do you mean lasting power that a 2-year-old would still be interested in playing with it? Or still fit?

Debbie
http://b3.lilypie.com/WT7Im4/.png[/img] (][img)

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev110pr___.png[/img] (][img)

Tondi G
09-14-2007, 05:41 PM
we had both types of ride on toys. We had a Firetruck ride on (Like the Train) and we also have a cozy Coupe Police car.... we got this one for our 1st and it is still going strong for #2. We do keep it indoors and just take it outside for play on the sidewalk. Both my DS's liked each ride on, they are quite different!

We have so many young kids on our block we all drag our ride on things outside and the kids switch back and forth. The Cozy Coupe is a big hit around here.... maybe cause we are the only family with one on the block!?

At a year my boys both loved their smaller ride on that they could also push from behind and then quickly were interrested in the Cozy Coupe as well.

Maybe you could get one and get the grandparents to get the other????

~Tondi
Mommy to Mason 7/01 and Aidan 5/05

giavila
09-15-2007, 02:03 PM
Thanks for the replies... I talked to DH and he definitely doesn't want the coupe cause he says it's too big for indoors... atleast for our place. So I was about to buy the Chicco one... but now see that Radio Flyer has a bunch of cute ride-ons too. So more research to do!