PDA

View Full Version : Need washing machine help!

LisaMom2Allie
09-14-2007, 10:12 PM
Need advice on a new washer--I do not want an agitator so that unfortunately puts me into the higher price bracket for a machine-looked at the frontloaders-LG, Duet, Samsung and the HE top loader Whirlpool Cabrio--also open to info on the Sears Kenmore counterparts to these machines--my old one was the Calypso and I am looking for one that has a large tub, can do comforters/blankets etc.

My HE machine died on me yesterday-we bought it in June 2001 and paid $950 and needless to say I am very disappointed but it averaged out to around $14 per month so I guess that is not so bad when you think of it that way!

Any opinions are greatly appreciated!
Thanks!

Lisa
Thirty One Gifts Consultant
Mom to Allie Nicole
3-10-03

chunkychow
09-15-2007, 08:46 AM
I got a Whirlpool (top loader - wanted front but did not have room in present washer space)about 1 1/2 years ago and love it. Friend got front loader 6 months ago. Loves it. You cannot go wrong with the new Whirlpools. However, I would check Consumer Reports before getting a Cabrio - I am thinking that is one that they did not like.

racerl1
09-15-2007, 01:35 PM
I've had the Duet set for 3 1/2 years and love it. I am able to wash my king size comforter in it.

n2ou
09-15-2007, 06:23 PM
I also have the Whirlpool 9400 Duet Set (Kenmore might be a clone) and love it. It is one of those things, once you are spoiled with a frontloader you will never be able to go back.

SImone_az