PDA

View Full Version : Dishwasher help

katydid1971
09-15-2007, 06:45 PM
Our current dishwasher is a cheapo, crappy kenmore. It hardly cleans and sounds like an airplane landing in our kitchen. We are looking to replace it and really don't know what kind to get. Almost everyone I have talked with hates their dishwasher too. My parents have a whirlpool and hate it. My brother a kitchenaid and hates it. My sister in law is the only person I know who likes her dishwasher but it is a $1400 fisher and paykel drawer disherwasher. I have used it and it cleans well but I'm not sure I like the drawer design. I hate going down to the appliance store because they are only trying to sell you stuff, they really don't care if the product works. Does anyone have a dishwasher they like? I am looking to pay less than $700 and and hoping for it to be superquiet because our kitchen is right next to our familyroom. Thanks for your help!!!!
Sarah

egoldber
09-15-2007, 07:11 PM
I love my Asko. :) We paid about $700, but it was a discontinued floor model. Thats a good way to get nicer appliances more cheaply. Our kitchen and family room are all part of the same room and I can run the dishwasher and watch TV or talk on the phone right next to it. I'm always shocked when I stay at my IL's house and their Maytag is so loud you can barely hear someone talking while its running.

LisaMom2Allie
09-15-2007, 07:33 PM
My sister has a Bosch and it has been worth every penny-it is so quite(I know they all say that) but I have used it and been there when it was running MANY times and it is super quiet and cleans very well.

Lisa
Thirty One Gifts COnsultant
Mom to Allie Nicole
3-10-03