PDA

View Full Version : Trays on high chairs??

ms.frisky
09-19-2007, 12:48 AM
I was at BRU today registering. I was all set to sign up for that very attractive EB wooden chair. But, when I took the tray off, there was another tray - I think it was a toddler snack tray or something. I saw a couple other chairs like this.

Is this practical? How do you remove a squirming baby, or a baby who won't bend her legs, from a chair with a tray like this? I really want to get a wooden chair, but this extra tray thing is really offputting.

BeachBum
09-19-2007, 12:26 PM
I had this chair and wasn't sure what you meant at first. I think it is there as a safety measure so your child doesn't slide out of the chair (under the tray).
Convenience wise, putting your baby in and out it is not a big deal at all.

For what it is worth I wouldn't buy a high chair at all if I was doing things over. I would just get the FP healthy care booster with the tray. After DS was 11-12 mo we bought it for travel and never looked back. Now I have a clunky high chair in my attic taking up space.

Gena
09-19-2007, 12:46 PM
We used this same high chair and loved it. Hubby and I couldn't stand the look of the plasticy high chairs so this was great for us. I never had a problem geting my son into or out of the high chair. And if I had to remove the tray for cleaning before I took him out, I had the security of knowing that he could not fall out of the chair.

We used this high chair from about 6 months to just over 2 years old.