PDA

View Full Version : LP Sweet Sounds Home vs Busy Day Home

egoldber
09-23-2007, 10:43 AM
I have been meaning to get this for Amy. I always wished I had one for Sarah and was planning to recify that now. But it seems like FP has replaced it with a new house, the Busy Day Home. Does anyone have experience with the new one? Or should I scrounge around to find a used one / clearance one?

fattytuna
09-23-2007, 12:51 PM
DD has been playing with the Sweet Sounds Home since she was one - she's now 25 months. Seems like TRU still carries it: http://www.toysrus.com/sm-little-people-touch-and-feel-sweet-sounds-home--pi-2299123.html

traciann
09-23-2007, 06:38 PM
we have the sweet sounds one, and comparing the 2 they seem to have same most important part that dd loves which is the toliet, chairs, bed and crib. i think she would enjoy either one, so get whichever one you like better.

mom_of_gia
09-23-2007, 08:34 PM
We have the older one. These two products seem so similar and I think that the newer model has the advantage of being more "gender-neutral" in color. I would say that's a bonus in terms of being able to hand it down or even resell it.

Denise :-)
Mom of Gianna and Keira

Canna
09-24-2007, 04:01 PM
I agree...the gender neutral color is a big improvement. I always wondered why they made the house so...pink.

However, it kind of bugs me that FP seems to be reducing features as they come out with newer versions of their toys. The older house has several different rooms that the new one lacks (computer room, laundry room, separate playroom downstairs) and mine came with a stroller and an exersaucer/highchair piece in addition to the table, chairs and bed.

The farm now comes with I believe only 3 animals...and when we got our Noah's ark it had Noah, his wife, box of food, box of tools, and 4 pairs of animals. Now there's no wife and only 3 pairs of animals (those wierd touch and feel ones, yuck). It seems like these things really do reduce the play value of the toys...and the prices are staying the same... :(