PDA

View Full Version : games for a 2 year old and 4.5 year old to play together.

cchavez
09-24-2007, 12:48 PM
Thinking ahead to Christmas.....we have a game from Discovery Toys but DD is a bit too young for it.....I saw this one.....I might order as a stocking stuffer......any other suggestions

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00001TPYA/ref=ord_cart_shr/104-1327776-3995907?%5Fencoding=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&v=glance

kaitlinsmommy
09-24-2007, 02:47 PM
That game looks cute. I've seen it before but we've never played it. My kids are those ages right now & they can both play Memory together (we have a Selecta one that is awesome), as well as Candyland & Elefun. We also work on puzzles a lot together. DD does 100-pc. puzzles, so Brendan & I will work on a small part of it together & then we join forces toward the end. Good luck!

squimp
09-25-2007, 12:16 AM
Do you have Cranium Hullabaloo? It's a fun game for all ages, like Twister with music. Your DD can play along in any capacity.

Cranium Cariboo is fun too, and *might* be appropriate for a 2-yr-old. But then she might want to eat or hide the balls, which, I can tell you from experience, will frustrate the 4-year-old set.

cchavez
09-25-2007, 07:49 AM
We have both those games....DD might be able to play along in a few more months...when she is officially 2......

betsydenny
09-25-2007, 07:47 PM
Our guys LOVE Zingo. Like bingo with pix and totally fun!
Also, Lucky Ducks (if you can stand the mechanical quacking noise) The kids love it and it is a great game!

HTH!
Betsy

belovedgandp
09-25-2007, 08:15 PM
One that has been a hit here for a range of ages is "Tumblin Monkeys"

Amazon has it for $11. The game age recommendation is for 5 and up, but the only reason I can think of is that the "winner" technically has the least monkeys which is a tough concept. The first time I played it was with my cousin's kids - just turned 2, almost 3, and turning 6 played together fairly well.