PDA

View Full Version : What to get for a 6 year old girl's birthday!

anika2005
09-24-2007, 03:15 PM
We have 2 nieces(6 and almost 4 yrs old). We get something for both of them for each one's birthday. Usually our budget is $100 for the birthday girl and $30 for the other one. This time, I am thinking if I should get one big doll house for the both of them.
I asked the Mom for suggestions and she says that they like to play with dolls, dress up clothes & board games.
Please give me some suggestions for 1 big toy or 2 separate ones.
Thanks in advance
Anika
P.S: I don't know what I would do without these boards!

egoldber
09-24-2007, 04:13 PM
If they don't have a large dollhouse, something like the FP Loving Family dollhouse with accessories would be really nice for both girls. Both are a good age for it.

Hits from my 6 year old's birthday recently were:

books about fairies
art/craft activity kits

Some nice dress up clothes from someplace like this would be really nice also:

http://www.mydressuptrunk.com/

Tondi G
09-24-2007, 05:28 PM
I think it depends on the 6 yer old. Most I know are still into girly things... fairies, princesses etc but then there is our God Daughter who is growing up WAY too fast. At her 6th birthday she wanted nothing to do with Princesses. She was into the BRATZ (Yuck) and hair accessories and nailpolish. She prolly would have loved a full on makeup kit but I think her parents only let her go as far as lipgloss and nail polish! She is also very into clothes!

I do know of a 6 year old who LOVED taking pictures so her parents bought her a decent less expensive Kodak digital camera... and I think maybe the docking station to just print pics without a computer!

Dollhouses are great but do they have space in their home for it? Might want to run it buy mom and dad. If they don't have one already a nicer table and chairs set might be a good idea for the two of them.

Easel and paint/art supplies are good too!

I got my nieces each a fairy set from Princess Nataley Collection. It came with a tule skirt with flower petals inside, a set of wings and a rosebud halo headband thing. They were 5 and 3 at the time. They LOVED them!

Good Luck finding the right gift!

~Tondi
Mommy to Mason 7/01 and Aidan 5/05

egoldber
09-24-2007, 06:18 PM
Oh a digital camera is a good idea. Sarah got a small one from MIL for her birthday and she likes it. It isn't what I would have bought, but she likes it. She likes taking pictures more than actually looking at them LOL!

Also, I totally forgot, but many 6 year olds are totally Webkinz crazy!! My DD already has 3! It involves going on-line so make sure the parents are OK with that.

anika2005
09-24-2007, 09:56 PM
>
>Dollhouses are great but do they have space in their home for
>it? Might want to run it buy mom and dad. If they don't have
>one already a nicer table and chairs set might be a good idea
>for the two of them.

I am going to ask her Mom before I buy a doll house if I buy one.
>
>Easel and paint/art supplies are good too!

I got it last year after getting some suggestion from some wonderful ladies in this board
>
>I got my nieces each a fairy set from Princess Nataley
>Collection. It came with a tule skirt with flower petals
>inside, a set of wings and a rosebud halo headband thing. They
>were 5 and 3 at the time. They LOVED them!
>
Tondi: Where did you find this Princess nateley collection. I couldn't find it online.

Beth: They don't use internet very much. I am interested in the dress up stuff. Have you bought anything from this store before. I wanted to check with someone before buying it.
Thanks so much for the suggestions
Anika

Tondi G
09-25-2007, 11:41 AM
The woman who runs the PNC site's name is Jodi! She also does photography now this is her site for that http://www.hatterys.net/

Her site for costumes and props is here

http://www.pncboutique.com/

I know she does sell some stuff on ebay at Halloween time. She has the most beautiful Tinkerbell costume (not disney-ized) that is custom and amazing, but expensive!)

http://stores.ebay.com/Princess-Nataley-Collection

Just wanted to add that the outfit she sold me was not as intricate as the ones she has out for Halloween time and are also not quite as expensive either!

Another cute site for tutus and such is www.prissypoofs.com

Good luck

luvmypeanut
09-25-2007, 11:47 AM
Those costumes are gorgeous!! But OMG is that the price? I'm not shy when it comes to spending money but I'd have to slip this one past DH. He would go ballistic. But so beautiful! Thanks for the link.

Tondi G
09-25-2007, 06:16 PM
yeah her prices make me cringe. BUT she makes each one by hand... AND she is a stay at home mom to 3 kids. She amazes me! She has less expensive things that are not nearly as intricate available during the year otherwise (thats what I bought for my nieces). It's just Halloween time that she makes really special things and the prices are considerably higher! She started out on ebay and has done really well for herself.

This is one area where I can say I am SO glad that I have 2 little boys.... I'd be broke with a girl!

~Tondi

anika2005
09-26-2007, 10:15 AM
They are absolutely adorable and you are right, the prices are quite high! I'll get it after halloween so that I can get the less expensive stuff for my DD
Thanks
Anika