PDA

View Full Version : Now What?

funda62
09-24-2007, 03:31 PM
So I finally made it to Costco today. The closest one is a good 45 minute drive. I wasn't impressed with their food prices at all. However I loved the kitchen and train set, but DD2 loved this...
http://www.amazon.com/Battat-SX1047D-Activity-School-Bus/dp/B000HDIN86

Only at Costco its $135 (or close to that), so the Amazon/Target prize is 2x that (not even including shipping). She played in it for a good 20 minutes and did not want to go. She will be 2 in February and I had made up my mind to get her a kitchen, but now I don't know.

Do you think she would play with this for a year? Is it worth it for me to buy a Costco membership just for this (instead of buying something else for her). Ugg I am so confused!

glbb35
09-24-2007, 04:05 PM
I know what you mean. Our DS played with the one at Costco every time we went as well. I thought it was neat because it was different. It is large but several children seem like they can play with it comfortably. I thought the price was pretty good considering you can buy smaller play activity centers but this seemed to have it all. Think about where you would put it and if future children might be able to enjoy it as well.

Our Costco has pretty good prices if you like buying in bulk. It is great when you want to stock up on paper towels, toilet paper, baby wipes and diapers and food for parties. We have also found that at least here their fruit selections have been better than the grocery stores and much cheaper!

Costco does get in great holiday items and carries a decent supply of books and movies.

Good luck,

B

DS 03 & 06

funda62
09-24-2007, 04:39 PM
Thanks! We are finished with kids so she would be the only one to play with it. I would actually put it in my kitchen (which is where I was going to put the play kitchen) so she can be near me while I'm cooking or washing dishes. I just talked to my neighbors about splitting a membership just for Christmas shopping so maybe that will work out.

tiapam
09-25-2007, 10:52 PM
Once you have a membership you can buy a gift card and then someone can use that to get in and check out. It might make sharing a membership easier. Or maybe you know someone who would buy GCs for you so you don't have to join?

-Pam

DD - Two years old!

funda62
09-26-2007, 08:14 AM
Sweet! Thank you.