PDA

View Full Version : OT- Do you recognize these stocking holders?

kayte
09-25-2007, 07:43 AM
Who makes them? If you have some, so they really work?

http://i22.ebayimg.com/03/i/05/61/d9/91_1_b.JPG

TIA

zuzu
09-25-2007, 01:38 PM
We have wooden ones from L.L. Bean and they work well, provided the stockings aren't super heavy. I haven't seen the silver ones, and am not sure where to search for those. Maybe try Ballard Designs or Home Decorators Collection as the holidays get closer?

Melissa, mom to Sarah (5/03)

belovedgandp
09-25-2007, 03:38 PM
I have similar ones from Solutions (solutions.com). They have wood/green as well as brass ones. These look to have a "squarer" top part which might go over the mantel a little more. The hooks work great as long as you have a hefty stocking on them. I had to put a weight in the lightweight one my son had, but it still worked great.

It is hard to find something to work with the curved edge mantels.

shburks
09-26-2007, 12:46 PM
We have wooden ones (I think LL Bean about two years ago), and we love them! We've never had them fall and seem to hold the weight of the stocking very well. I don't know who makes these, but ours are great!

kayte
10-31-2007, 11:54 AM
Bump... I am still having trouble finding these type of holders in silver. So I thought I would bump up the post...

TIA

cchavez
10-31-2007, 02:05 PM
I have some similar to the ones posted....I bought them at Lowes.

s7714
10-31-2007, 04:42 PM
I ordered mine from Solutions.com a couple years ago and at the time they had wood, silver and gold available. I'd give it another couple weeks and maybe they'll turn up somewhere; a lot of sites are still in the process of adding their holiday merchandise.

Jennifer
Mommy to
Miss Pure Energy 3/03
Miss Limit Tester 6/05

Our bones may be brittle, but our spirit is unbreakable.
Osteogenesis Imperfecta www.oif.org