PDA

View Full Version : Which swing - regular size or on the floor?

chunkychow
09-26-2007, 10:12 AM
Would love to hear ideas on which swing to get - meaning the regular size one or one of the "on the floor" models that take up less space and can travel? Is it hard on a person's back to lift the baby out of one that sits on the floor? Thanks!

Tondi G
09-26-2007, 12:14 PM
I never liked the travel swings and neither did my kiddos! The Fisher Price cradle swings that can swing side to side and then switch to front to back are the way to go! The new rainforest can plug into the wall which saves batteries! If you end up with a baby who LOVES the swing you would be thankful for the plug in feature! I know several people who have the aquarium swing and their babies loved it!

Good Luck

jyllebean
09-26-2007, 12:17 PM
Unfortunately I agree with the pp. We bought the FP aquarium travel swing to save room but dd never liked it much. She did like our friends FP cradle aquarium swing. The downside is they are huge and kinda ugly. The papasan is the best looking but more expensive. That said, every baby is different so you never know.

Good luck!

Jill

clc053103
09-26-2007, 12:26 PM
ITA w/ PP! I had the travel swing and regular FP aquarium swing and DS much preferred the regular. Though I liked the travel for, um, travel!