PDA

View Full Version : Bathtub paints/markers - how big of a mess do they make? (pics too!)

BillK
09-26-2007, 10:51 AM
I'm posting this on behalf of my wife. She'd like me to "ask my girlfriends" about the tub paints/markers she sees advertised. (not sure this should be here or in "Around the House" - if it needs moved - have at it mods).

We'd like to get Zach something to play with in the tub to make things smoother for us at bath time and she'd like to know just how much of a mess the paints/markers make - is it a total disaster? Do you need to clean the entire tub out when done? The tub we use for baths is a jetted one - so we have 4 jets and an intake in it - plus the control pod thinger - so we don't want to have to give the tub a bath after we give the boy one.

Oh - and here's a couple pics of Zach during tubby time for kicks. :)

http://btz.smugmug.com/photos/200253519-M.jpg

http://btz.smugmug.com/photos/200255713-M.jpg

almostamom
09-26-2007, 11:05 AM
We have bathtub paint and crayons. I like the crayons better. My DS just wasn't into the paint when we tried it (although that was about a year ago - maybe we should try it again). The paint, however, was easier to just rinse off. The crayons take a little bit of rubbing to get off the side of the tub. If you just go over it with a washcloth or sponge it comes right off. I think Zach would have fun with either one. BTW, what a cutie patootie he is!!

Linda

Emmas Mom
09-26-2007, 11:13 AM
I agree with Linda (surprise, surprise ;) ) on all counts...we like crayons too. It doesn't take much elbow grease to clean up. And Zach is definitely a little cutie. :)

happy2bamom
09-26-2007, 11:15 AM
We've used the crayons and paints too. I haven't had a problem with the crayons, but I have a few spots of paint that I haven't been able to remove (even with a magic eraser). Luckily my tub needs to be replaced so I'm not too worried about the mess.

Another idea that my DS loves is the foaming shaving kit. The foam just dissolves in the water, which is fabulous!

shilo
09-26-2007, 11:58 AM
not all colors are created equal :). the red and purple definitely take more elbow grease to remove. if you can do a little test run and kinda pre-select what colors you give him, you can save yourself some scrubbing later. they all come off of the smooth fake marble surround in ours, but the red and purple in particular seem to stick to the textured (fiberglass???) of our big soaking tub. no jets tho, so i'm not sure how it would fare in those - maybe just don't circulate them once the crayon substance is in the water?

hth, lori
Sam 5/19/05 How lucky I am that you chose me.

sweetpea
09-26-2007, 07:35 PM
I liked the crayons until dd became overly defiant with them and refused to stick to drawing on the tub only. Baby wipes clean the crayon bath art off the tub pretty easily, but if your ds draws on himself or the walls it's a little tough to rub off.

Cute pics ... love the strategically placed water xylophone, lol.

AmyZ
09-26-2007, 08:06 PM
Very cute pictures! I had a good chuckle at your wife's comment of "ask your girlfriends" :-)

Also, excellent use of Pittsburgh-ese with "if it needs moved".

I have yet to use the bath crayons/paints... I have enough work keeping our tub with jets clean.

Amy Z

Eliana 2/04
Abigail 1/07
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif[/img][/url]

nicoleandjackson
09-26-2007, 08:44 PM
DS and I second (third?) the bath crayons. We're actually using them to transition from bath to shower. DS can stand up in the vinyl tub surround and color on the walls. Somewhere or another I got a hold of a duck sponge "eraser" for them that gets everything off. In our old porcelain tub, the purple crayon left the most residue, but came off with Soft Scrub.

BTW, pretty much anything from One Step Ahead in the bath category was a winner with DS:

http://www.leapsandbounds.com/catalog/thumbnail.jsp?siteId=117&parentCategoryId=85180&subCategoryId=86185&Nty=1&categoryId=85201&view=10000

He LOVED his floating car island. I am intrigued by the Floating Color Chemistry set...

Thanks for posting pics of your little cutie! Love the sandal tan on his feet!

Nicole, Mommy to Jackson 4/30/02