PDA

View Full Version : Experience with FP Laugh and Learn Kitchen?

momtoonegirl
09-27-2007, 07:25 PM
I was thinking about a Holiday gift for my DD, who will be 22 months in December. Right now she is fascinated with various things in the kitchen like the refrigerator, pots and pans, etc. I saw this Laugh & Learn Kitchen on a TV commercial, and was wondering if it would make a good gift. Specifically, I was wondering:
1) How long would she be interested in it/play with it?
2) Should I get a more realistic kitchen set? (like at PBK), or would this one be more appropriate for her age.

If any of your DC have this kitchen and love/hate it, I would really appreciate your opinion. Also, if you have a different kitchen set that you could recommend, please let me know.

TIA :-)

ETA: I forgot to add the link for this kitchen.
http://www.amazon.com/Fisher-Price-Laugh-Learn-Learning-Kitchen/dp/B000NWX2B4/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/104-8524642-1311111?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games&qid=1190938771&sr=8-1

nfowife
09-28-2007, 06:57 AM
At her age, I'd go with a bigger set. This is more along the lines of a 1 year old present, IMO. Although we love the laugh and learn house here as well, and my DD still plays with it at 2.5, but I wouldn't get it for her at this age, KWIM?
We have a kidcraft kitchen that we got for my DD when she was about 19 months old, and she plays with it a lot, more now that she is a bit older. The costco kidcraft kitchen is nice too.

Canna
09-28-2007, 08:43 AM
I agree, I'd get a more realistic kitchen set. We got the Target one last year for our DD who was 23 months in December.

The laugh and learn one looks like it is more of a baby toy. Plus, it's kind of an eyesore - not sure how long you'd want to see it, even if your DD loved it! :p

momtoonegirl
09-28-2007, 04:22 PM
Thank you all for your experience and suggestions.

When I went to BRU to look at the kitchen IRL, and I saw the box, I had a feeling that it may be a little too 'young' for her to keep her attention or play with for a long time, but on the box it said from 6-36 months. Unfortunately, I could not see the product on display, and I knew where to go for advise :-)

I will look into the Kidcraft kitchen at Costco and the Target kitchen.

Thanks again for your help.

momtoonegirl
09-28-2007, 04:26 PM
Is the Target kitchen set similar to the Costco/Kidcraft one? Is it in the Toy section of the store?

TIA!