PDA

View Full Version : I need help deciding on dollhouse furniture

elaineandmichaelsmommy
09-28-2007, 12:29 AM
I'm torn between ryans room and the fisher price loving family furniture. The rr is sturdy and will hold up and dd plays well with it. But the fp stuff is more trendy and depending on where I buy it it will be cheaper. The cons to the fp furniture is that I can't buy a family like I can with the rr set, it will snap and break if dh steps on it(rr has more of a chance of survival),it's only available around here at christmas time. RR cons-it's expensive. $20 a room at the local toy store. What would you do?

new_mommy25
09-28-2007, 01:44 AM
What doll house do you have? I think that makes a big difference.

elaineandmichaelsmommy
09-28-2007, 01:25 PM
Du-oh! I guess that would help wouldn't it? She has the dollhouse I played with as a little girl. It's pretty big and will fit just about any furniture you put in it. It's a 2 story house with an attic,there are 4 rooms and a hallway at the top of the stairs. The rooms are about 9-10 inches high and maybe a foot long,it's a good size house. It really steams me that my dad just threw it up in the attic and didn't take the furniture out and now I can't find the furniture. It would be great if she could have that but oh well.
Let me know what you think.

babyready
09-28-2007, 06:14 PM
Just wanted to mention that I just purchased a few RR rooms at Tuesday Morning a few days ago that were about $7 each. I felt like that was a good deal! I have seen other rooms there off and on too. I always just watch for sales on the RR and Plan Toys stuff and seem to do pretty well. Except we still don't have a kitchen (but her birthday is still a month away!)

Anyway, just wanted to mention that you could probably hunt around for some better prices if you really liked the RR. However, the Fisher Price stuff seems like it would work nicely too. Good luck!