PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have experience with Surefit sofa covers?

Bens Momma
09-28-2007, 09:45 AM
Our sofa is OK structurally but the fabric looks terrible:P !!! It is a typical sofa 3 cusions across with removable pillows across the back. Anyone have experiece with Surefit covers? Some of the styles look nice but do they work, fit well, look decent? With 2 boys DH wants to hold off getting a new sofa until they're older (and less messy). Is a Surefit a good option or a waste of money?

TIA-
Momma to 2 DS

kitmama
09-28-2007, 01:54 PM
We bought one to protect our couch from the dogs and the kids. That was a couple years ago, at least. It has mostly served it's purpose well- the cover is looking rattier but the couch still looks pretty good. (Our dogs are hard on that cover!) It's great that it's easily washable.

It can be a bit tough to put the cover on- I didn't have trouble following the directions but my husband and brother were completely confused. After initially getting it on right, the key is to tuck, tuck, tuck! Tuck and tug and smooth it out until it looks right.

My only complaint is that on our couch, it doesn't take much for the cover to start riding up in the middle. It might be because our couch's cushions are so squishy, or something. I have to keep adjusting it. Still, it was an attractive cover and it is doing it's job. They are not some magic solution, but they do just fine.