PDA

View Full Version : Help with Kiddi-o Trikes - Can't Decide

pinkmomagain
09-28-2007, 10:26 AM
Yes, I've read through the posts but I'm really confused. I'm not sure if I should get the Supertrike 3 or Supertrike 2 (these are the only ones I was able to find online).

My daughter is turning 2 next week and I'm sure she'll be eager to get on right away (although she's never rode a trike before). I like the idea of the parent handle on the 2 but it sounds like there have been problems with the front wheel. Since DH is not so handy, I know we'd get frustrated with wheel problems. Any advice?

Oh, BTW this is probably our last little one so I'm looking to get a great bike for a great deal since we'll probably give it away after she's done using it.

TIA

Gina

squimp
09-28-2007, 03:18 PM
We have the 4, so I may not be much help. But I would say definitely get the parent handle for a 2-yr-old. My DD is big and athletic, and she couldn't really pedal it all by herself until 2.5, and many kids I hear can't do it well until age 3. Also, the handle allows you to push when they get tired. We rode to the park or store all the time, so I definitely used the handle, to push her, but also to grab her if she was about to go in the wrong direction and such.

I never had any trouble with the handle and front wheel. My almost 4-yr-old still wants to ride her trike at times, and would love me to put on the handle and push her, even still. So you will get many years of use out of it.

pinkmomagain
09-28-2007, 08:12 PM
Thanks for the reply....It sounds like that handle will get alot of use. That's something to consider.

Gina