PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone seen this Battat kitchen in real life?

fivi2
09-29-2007, 01:52 PM
I stumbled across this kitchen in my research and haven't seen any posts on it. It is the Battat Gourmet Kitchen - very cute, but shipping is HIGH! Has anyone seen it IRL?
http://www.kbtoys.com/genProduct.html/PID/4776470/ctid/17/INstock/Y/D/

Thanks!

glbb35
09-29-2007, 03:21 PM
I haven't see this one but it is cute. The shipping cost however is outrageous from KB. I tried to respond to your other post about the Guidecraft kitchens and the one at Constructive Playthings. I have the same exact questions! We are looking at the kitchen island one (expensive Guidecraft)the real wood one. I haven't seen it in person either would love some feedback from someone who has. A few days ago I saw two Melissa and Doug kitchens and a few others that were mostly made of wood laminates. They did not look like they would last very long. The M&D one had just been opened in the store that week and the laminates were already a mess. That is why we liked the Guidecraft natural wood one. I also like the island shape since we don't have a wall to give up for a flat kitchen and both kids can be playing on it at the same time. Any feedback from anyone would be helpful. This is a huge investment. I have read on some sites that sell the Guidecraft island kitchen that is a hardwood and doesn't contain lead paint. After their puppet recall that made me nervous. Has anyone heard any differently? Feedback would be great if you have or know anyone who has this.

B

DS 03 & 06

fivi2
09-29-2007, 04:36 PM
Thanks - this is really a tough decision, especially since it is so hard to find there IRL. Since it is such a big piece of "furniture" I want one I like the looks of. I never would have thought I'd like the "girly" pink Battat one, but I seem to be a sucker for all of their stuff. However, I can never find any of it in real life!

Hopefully some of the more experienced kitchen owners out there can help us out!

tiapam
09-29-2007, 08:29 PM
There is one up on Ebay right now:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Battat-Kitchen-Set-in-Pink_W0QQitemZ190114556184QQcmdZViewItem

At least it is cheaper.

-Pam

DD - Two years old!

fivi2
09-30-2007, 02:40 PM
Thanks! I also found it at Back to Basics toys for a decent price. I just wish I could find a review of it somewhere. It is really cute...

zephyr
09-30-2007, 06:05 PM
Hi, sorry I can't be of any help about the kitchen, but I have to say that ds has a Battat wooden activity toy cube and the quality is great! It's very sturdy and seems like it will last for years. Also he really likes playing with it. But I gotta say- that is the cutest kitchen I've seen and it looks like really good quality material.

luthienstar
02-21-2008, 09:28 PM
I stumbled across this kitchen in my research and haven't seen any posts on it. It is the Battat Gourmet Kitchen - very cute, but shipping is HIGH! Has anyone seen it IRL?
http://www.kbtoys.com/genProduct.html/PID/4776470/ctid/17/INstock/Y/D/

Thanks!

I bought this last week from Tuesday Morning for $49.99 in the Los Angeles area. It is really cute. It is gender neutral and the colors are muted enough to not look hideous in my living room. My 2 toddlers love it. For an all wood kitchen at that price, I think it great. It was a little time consuming to put together, but it seems well made and durable.