PDA

View Full Version : Twin Beds

K-Bear
09-30-2007, 03:11 PM
I'm starting to look for a twin bed for my 2 year old (am not interested in a toddler. want to go straight to twin) and my goodness, these things are expensive!

How much have you paid for a twin bed? Any ideas which furniture lines to look at?

daniele_ut
09-30-2007, 03:46 PM
We're in the process of buying a bed for DS now as well. I plan to either get him a twin bed with trundle from this site in a black finish:

www.torinofurniture.com

or we are looking at a Hemnes twin bed from Ikea:

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S59848058

I really like to first one better, but factoring in shipping, I can get a bed, dresser, nightstand and toy shelves (Expedit)for DSs room for half the price of the same Torino furniture. Considering we still have a lot of stuff to buy before dd arrives, I need to think more economically. I still think that the prices at Torino are pretty good, especially compared to Pottery Barn (who they are obviously knocking-off).

Tondi G
09-30-2007, 05:10 PM
We have a Hemnes IKEA twin bed. Got it back when they had it in the antique pine finish and it was great. It is now in our shed since we got bunkbeds for the boys. It was nice and low... we never used a bed rail with it. It is a great bed for a great price, highly recommend it!

Have you checked Costco for beds? They had some nice trundle beds and bunks for a decent price when you factor in that it includes home delivery! We got our twin mattress at Costco for 100 bucks and it has been great!

Good Luck

~Tondi
Mommy to Mason 7/01 and Aidan 5/05

mykidsmom
09-30-2007, 08:05 PM
Are you at all worried that the Pine wood at Torino will dent or not hold up over the years?

nfowife
09-30-2007, 08:32 PM
I have a dresser from Torino and I am very happy with it. I've only had it for about 9 months, but it is really well-made, especially compared to PBK stuff. It is all wood, no particle board or whatever. The paint job is really nice (we got a dresser and bookcase in navy for DS's nursery). I'm not really worried about it denting, no. Although I know it could since it's a softer wood, but it's not something that worries or concerns me.

KBecks
10-02-2007, 01:04 PM
I got Alek's bed for $20 off craigslist. Then I paid $200 for a stained to match nightstand. You may want to just get a headboard, that will save some. Also check the unfinished furniture stores, although you won't save a ton.

bubbaray
10-02-2007, 02:43 PM
We have the Ikea Hemnes twin bed in white for DD#1. We really like it and will get another for DD#2.

Melissa

DD#1: 04/2004

DD#2: 01/2007

TracyBee
10-02-2007, 04:16 PM
We got our DD a trundle/daybed from Craigslist. Our craigslist is not that active, and there are twin beds on there all the time. Definitely check there!