PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have the train table thats pic on the costco website

Christeen_Trevor
10-01-2007, 07:55 AM
Do your kids like it?
Is it compatable with other train sets.
Whats your opinion of it.
Christeen

new_mommy25
10-01-2007, 06:56 PM
>Do your kids like it?

Love it.

>Is it compatable with other train sets.

Yes

>Whats your opinion of it.

The train table has held up very well. The Kidkraft customer service is excellent. They will ship you replacements immediately no questions asked. The train pieces are the best quality but it's no big deal because we mostly buy Thomas.

daniele_ut
10-01-2007, 07:42 PM
We have last year's version, which is very similar to the current one. The table is actually identical. We gave it to DS (now 3) for Christmas and he has played with it in some form every day since. We just recently took the train set apart and he's been using it as a car track with the train pieces stored underneath. I'm sure we'll put the track back up eventually, but he's having fun with the table right now. We also plan to get some lego baseplates so he can continue to get more use out of the table as time goes on.

bubbaray
10-01-2007, 09:37 PM
We have last year's version (or was it the year before?), made by Kidcraft. Its held up well. It is compatible with Thomas trains. We would buy it again. I really like the drawers.

Melissa

DD#1: 04/2004

DD#2: 01/2007

brittone2
10-02-2007, 07:36 AM
DS got his during Christmas 05 and still uses it daily. The price is great...the same kidkraft tables w/ trundles sell for considerably more most places. It isn't real wood, it is veneered, so if that bothers you, it might be something to consider. The finish has held up fine for us though.

As the PP said, yes, the set that is included is compatible w/ other sets. And as someone else mentioned, the quality of that set isn't the best overall, but it is still a good deal just for the table and trundles.

DS uses his to build with blocks, etc. (one of our trundle drawers holds the unit blocks), and I'm hoping down the road DD will use it for train play and also maybe dollhouse play.

miki
10-03-2007, 07:06 AM
It's great, well worth the money. The storage drawers are really handy. DD uses it to play with all sorts of stuff--trains, cars, little animal figures, marble run... I'm planning to get a dollhouse for her and set it up on the train table.

mommab
10-03-2007, 12:26 PM
Ita with all of the previous comments. We bought the Kidcraft train table set from Costco two years ago (the train set changes every year) for our dd's 2nd birthday, and the table itself is worth the money even if you throw the trains away - lol! You can store alot of toys in those rolling bins!!