PDA

View Full Version : still buying Fisher-Price toys?

junebaby07
10-01-2007, 12:08 PM
Are you still planning to buy Fisher Price toys given the recalls and lead paint issues? I am starting to do Christmas present research and am interested in a bunch of the Laugh and Learn series of toys for my daughter, bur saw that most of them are imported and am concerned...What are others doing?

winifredzb
10-01-2007, 03:36 PM
My mother and I were talking about this exact topic earlier today. We both think we are going to try and avoid the large companies this year and try to find toys made in the USA or Europe. It is very discouraging and I don't feel like giving them money.

ett
10-01-2007, 09:36 PM
I had decided well before all these recalls that I was no longer buying plastic toys and also any toys made in China. (unless it's something like games or puzzles that won't be chewed by DS2). These recalls definitely seals my decision. I'm buying mostly wooden toys made in the USA and Europe now. Though, even for European companies you really do have to find out where each product is made, because a lot of them are still made in China. Like about 50% of Haba's toys are made in Germany and the rest in China.

www.oompa.com is a good site for European toys and they also list where every item is made.

HTH.