PDA

View Full Version : Cheap, but decent quality coloring books or sketch/drawing pads?

MMMommy
10-02-2007, 11:54 AM
Does anyone know where I can buy decent quality coloring books cheap? I like the variety that they sell at Target--Disney Princess, Spongebob, Thomas the Train, etc., Dora, but they are about $3 to $5 each. I didn't care for the selection at Oriental Trading Company--most were holiday or seasonal. I'm hoping to get 25 or so as party favors. Or does anyone know of any place that sells cheap, but cute sketch pads or tablets of paper as an alternative to hand out with crayon boxes? Thanks.

katydid1971
10-02-2007, 12:16 PM
Have you tried the dollar store? You might not be able to get the same characters but they usually have some cute coloring books and other art supplies. Also have you looked at the dollor area at Target? Last spring I got a bunch of Elmo coloring books there for $1 each.
Sarah

winifredzb
10-02-2007, 04:05 PM
The dollar store is a great place to look. Walmart also had a bunch of nice ones for a $1 -- it was a special display in the middle of the aisle.

MMMommy
10-02-2007, 06:15 PM
Thanks for the all the suggestions! I'll have to check out Walmart and the Dollar Store!

Leeannpk
10-02-2007, 08:25 PM
If you live in New England and can get to a Stop & Shop, mine routinely has character coloring books for $1/each.

HTH!

Leeann

AddiesMom
10-03-2007, 05:22 AM
They just had them a few weeks ago, my Mom bought a bunch. Also Christmas Tree Shops is hit-or-miss for coloring books.