PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Shopping? Anyone else started or almost done?

mommyapb
10-03-2007, 11:54 AM
I can't believe that I already have a list do dd & most of it will be bought within the next week or 2 to avoid the holiday rush! Holy Cow!

I wanted to cut down after I went way overboard but it still looks like the kiddo is getting a ton....tis the season of giving--lol!

SnuggleBuggles
10-03-2007, 01:33 PM
I was just thinking about this today and considered posting about it. :)

I have no ideas for anyone except dh. I have tons of ideas for him. Ds wants just about everything he sees but I am going to try very hard to keep the budget low (well, less than $100, not including stocking stuffers).

We'll have a new baby by then so we have to figure out what to buy them. I did pick up the 25th anniversary Care Bear for the new baby (to sit on baby's shelf as it has some choking hazards!).

I usually go way overboard on shopping for everyone. I really want to cut back this year but I wasn't sure how to go about that.

I did buy ds' Lego Advent Calendar- what he has been looking forward to since last year!

Ah! I don't want to think about this yet! :)

Beth

Pegessen
10-03-2007, 01:49 PM
I am almost done with my kids : ) I started shopping in January
when Target had their big toy clearance and I hit Target many
times again in July for their toy clearance so I got some great
deals! I have my neices and nephews done too so I only have 5
more ppl to buy for. Oh and 2 in DH family since we draw names
in his family.

I do need to pick up stocking stuffers for the kids and a couple
other things...socks, t-shirts, undies, and maybe 2 outfits for
each. I guess I do need to get DD a pair of Stride Rite tennis
shoes because I bought her a size 4 1/2 wide when they were on
sale for $20 and now she is wearing a 5 wide : ( I guess that
is what I get for trying to buy shoes a head of time!

I love Christmas shopping! : )

gatorsmom
10-03-2007, 08:27 PM
Ugh, I hate Christmas shopping. But since the twins are coming in November, I know I won't have time to do much so I'm almost done with my Christmas shopping. My favorite time is end of July when there are a ton of summer sales but no one in Minnesota wants to spend their summers indoors shopping! So the stores are dead and there are a lot of great sales.

Strangely enough, I have bought NOTHING for my 2 boys. Their desires change so often that it's easy to wait until a month before. This year I'll let DH shop for their toys. He enjoys that. And I have no idea what to buy my dad. Or DH. Anything they need, they just go buy.

So, I'm done with shopping for the ILs and cousins and friends. I plan to wrap their stuff in the next week or so.

Lisa
Mom to Gator July 2003
And Cha-Cha July 2005
and surprise! twins due 11/07!

new_mommy25
10-03-2007, 08:54 PM
I'm done with DD. I just need to grab a few more stocking stuffers. I never plan for those, I just pick things up here and there when I see something.

I'm pretty much done with stocking stuffers for DS because I've been stashing things for him all year. I just need to buy his big present but I've got it all planned out and will order with a co-op soon.

In my family we do adult stockings and everyone draws a name. I need to pressure everyone to draw names soon so I can get that out of the way too!

SnuggleBuggles
10-03-2007, 09:22 PM
Blame it on pregnancy brain but it just dawned on me that I usually do online shopping so even with the new baby due at the end of Nov. I should still be able to shop...even if I procrastinate. :)

Beth

kitmama
10-03-2007, 10:01 PM
With both boys' birthdays in the fall, I try to really plan ahead. That way I can manage to get all the "important" things spread out over birthdays and Christmas, and make sure I don't get too much stuff. (And I have time to consider the list carefully and pare it down!) Since I shop online for almost all of it, I try to plan every toy purchase at once- that way I won't pay more shipping than necessary. This means planning all the gifts for both boys and all 4 cousins, then I spread out the purchases (since I'm usually buying from more than one company).

Anyhow, I have my list made up and I've done a couple orders, so Christmas gifts are beginning to collect in their hiding place. I have a few more orders, plus a couple random stocking stuffers from the grocery and craft stores. Then, I'm through with the kiddos. After that is DH, my parents and 3 gifts from name drawings. I have good ideas for those! So no, I'm not almost done- but the planning stage is pretty much complete and I am gradually completing the actual purchases.

I love gift shopping!!

brittone2
10-04-2007, 07:32 AM
DS and DD are almost done. Although, we're now considering buying them a new kitchen along w/ their other stuff, but I'll just shift some things around to birthdays in that case, as both of their bdays are relatively close to Christmas (one is a few weeks before, and one is a few weeks after). DS's stocking stuff is mostly done too. DD still needs some stocking stuffers.

DS asked for "mints. All different flavors of mints." from Santa. We had mints in our stockings last year and he must have remembered LOL. I still have to pick those up for him ;)

We do a name swap in both DH's and my family. Of course, no one ever wants to do it until November or so, and I like to shop early! I'm hoping I can get everyone to draw names ASAP.

We still need to buy for both sets of parents, and all of the nieces and nephews on my side, which is a load of kids (13). Most of them are teens/preteens now and prefer gift cards though, so that isn't all that bad.

Most of our friends' kids are done due to the box of stuff I accumulate from good sales posted in the Bargains forum or similar.

funda62
10-04-2007, 08:42 AM
I'm not finished but I've decided to be finished anyway. Sitting with the girls in their playroom today I really saw how much they have. How is tons more going to help? LOL So they will get the few things that I've bought and put away during the year plus one or two more musical instruments that I plan to buy soon. I'm thinking camera for DH since he'll be going to Korea for a year in January.

So after spending loads of sleepless nights worrying over which BIG gifts to get I'm getting none of them.

mommyapb
10-04-2007, 07:18 PM
>I'm not finished but I've decided to be finished anyway.
>Sitting with the girls in their playroom today I really saw
>how much they have. How is tons more going to help? LOL .................................................. ...>
>So after spending loads of sleepless nights worrying over
>which BIG gifts to get I'm getting none of them.

That sums it up for me too. I scratched quite a few things off my list---just would have been overkill.