PDA

View Full Version : Push-along toy?

JoyNChrist
10-07-2007, 01:12 AM
So DS has gone from crawling to pulling up to crusing in a ridiculously short amount of time. Apart from the fact that he almost gives me several heart attacks a day as he becomes more mobile, it's quite fun to watch these new developments. But he shocked me today.

He has this plastic toy farm with these big chunky farm animals that he loves to play with. He recently discovered that he can stand up if he puts both hands on top of the barn for balance. But today he discovered that if he does that, then pushes the barn over on its side, he can walk by pushing the barn along the carpet. I'm SO not ready for him to be walking, but after he learned this new trick today, it's all he wanted to do - he was so excited! So I was thinking I should look into some sort of push-along toy for him. I'm not even sure what these things are called, or what good ones are out there. Any ideas?

TIA!

JoyNChrist
10-07-2007, 01:12 AM
So DS has gone from crawling to pulling up to crusing in a ridiculously short amount of time. Apart from the fact that he almost gives me several heart attacks a day as he becomes more mobile, it's quite fun to watch these new developments. But he shocked me today.

He has this plastic toy farm with these big chunky farm animals that he loves to play with. He recently discovered that he can stand up if he puts both hands on top of the barn for balance. But today he discovered that if he does that, then pushes the barn over on its side, he can walk by pushing the barn along the carpet. I'm SO not ready for him to be walking, but after he learned this new trick today, it's all he wanted to do - he was so excited! So I was thinking I should look into some sort of push-along toy for him. I'm not even sure what these things are called, or what good ones are out there. Any ideas?

TIA!

julieakc
10-07-2007, 02:14 AM
My recommendation:

http://www.radioflyer.com/specialty/specialty_12.html

loved it! If you do a search for the radio flyer walker wagon you'll get some more reviews/recommendations.

The Haba walker also seems to be favored by moms here.

julieakc
10-07-2007, 02:14 AM
My recommendation:

http://www.radioflyer.com/specialty/specialty_12.html

loved it! If you do a search for the radio flyer walker wagon you'll get some more reviews/recommendations.

The Haba walker also seems to be favored by moms here.

jec2
10-07-2007, 04:07 PM
We just ordered the Brio Pram for DS for Xmas. We also have a Fisher Price thing-a-majing that can be transformed from a walker to a little-ride-on. It was our first son's and now the second loves to play with it.

ellies mom
10-07-2007, 08:25 PM
We have the radio flyer walker wagon too. It is great. It has little clickers that slow it down a bit. DD loved to sit in it and it holds toys as well. It is a little spendy compared to the Fisher-Price type ones. We had both but the RF is the only one we kept.

Tondi G
10-07-2007, 10:29 PM
If you aren't opposed to plastic we had the older generation of this one and both our DS's liked it!

http://www.vtechkids.com/product_page.cfm?productId=479?tvFrom=&productImage=_f/_pw/_thumb/80-077000_thumb.jpg&productStatus=n&tvFrom=&productId=479&productType=p&getProp=[type+Function]&loadImage=[type+Function]&makeComingStripe=[type+Function]&makeNewProductSnipe=[type+Function]&theType=product''

HTH's you!

brittone2
10-08-2007, 08:08 AM
DD started using the Haba walker wagon when she was 7-8 months and is still enjoying it at approaching 10 months (as is my 3.5 year old DS ;) )

You definitely want to buy a nice, sturdy, heavier one if you can. Both the Haba and the RF Walker Wagon get good reviews around here. We opted for the Haba as the RF is made in China, but your thoughts on that may vary. The RF is a little more inexpensive.

elephantmeg
10-09-2007, 05:27 AM
ditto!!!!!!! DS got one for Christmas when he was 10 months and loved being mobile!

rds97
10-09-2007, 01:50 PM
We got this cheapie one at Target and my son STILL plays with it at almost 2. He really likes to ride it like a car (it converts from push toy to car). We have gotten every penny's worth of our $18 or however much it was. I'm sure the Haba and Radio Flyer ones are much cuter, but we've been happy with this one.

http://www.amazon.com/Hasbro-Playskool-Step-Start-Walk/dp/B00004T2WP/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/105-7946390-3133233?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games&qid=1191955979&sr=8-1

jec2
10-09-2007, 03:08 PM
That is actually the one we have! It really is not a bad toy.

Kindra178
10-09-2007, 09:10 PM
I second the push toy that turns into the car. We have the RF Walker Wagon, and my ds did/does use it to put things into it and he takes the sides off. He never really got into pushing it, though. I think it's kind of heavy - it's not something I will grab to walk around the block with. We borrowed our neighbors' walker that turned into a car, and he wouldn't stop walking. We often go on 'hood "walks."

maestramommy
10-11-2007, 06:07 PM
I think just about every ride-on toy has a handle in the back for the kid to push. So he can push it for now, and ride it later. Something like this: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2338107