PDA

View Full Version : FYI for Lego loving kids (and Playmobil

SnuggleBuggles
10-14-2007, 05:47 PM
The annual advent calendar is out. We bought it for ds last year and he loved it. Love isn't strong enough of a word. Every day you open a door and there is a little Lego set. He wants a Lego countdown for every holiday/ occasion now (we had to make one for his b-day but it couldn't compare :)).

http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-4498578-City-Advent-Calendar/dp/B000VILPPA/ref=cm_pdp_profile_rp_title/103-3047706-3975015?ie=UTF8&coliid=ISF39FAAKUNXB&colid=2FZYM1ZOEDSZ7

There is also a Playmobil Advent calendar (actually, a few dif't versions):
http://www.amazon.com/Playmobil-Advent-Calendar-Xmas-Park/dp/B000GWFAGG/ref=pd_sim_t_shvl_img_3/103-3047706-3975015?ie=UTF8&coliid=ISF39FAAKUNXB&colid=2FZYM1ZOEDSZ7

Some mom at the store told me about these last year so I wanted to pass it on here. They sell out early so buy now.

Beth

cric
10-14-2007, 09:30 PM
That is cool! I wonder if I could talk DH into it.

I also wonder if I could use that for PT "rewards". One door for each dry day? A 3yo wouldn't know the difference if I didn't tell him, would he? It's so much cooler opening the door for a surprise than mom handing him something, right? I've got to figure out *something* to motivate! (Ok, enough of that rant.)

MMMommy
10-14-2007, 09:52 PM
How cute! I want to get the girly Lego Belville Advent Calendar, but the age recommendation says ages 5-12. Same age recommendaton for the City set too. Choking hazard for toddlers then? So tempted though....

new_mommy25
10-14-2007, 10:55 PM
Thanks for the heads up. I think I'll order one. I can't decide between the Playmobil and the Lego one though. The Lego looks cool but I worry about DD getting a hold of it.

SnuggleBuggles
10-15-2007, 07:36 AM
Not choking hazards. Only time you have to worry about choking hazards is if they are "ages 3 and up only due to choking hazards." The 5+ thing is probably because the sets could be trickier for a 3-4yo. All that means is you might have to do some of the building...and they will do all the playing. At least that's how it works around here. :)

Beth

updacountry
10-15-2007, 11:06 AM
Which one would you recommend for a 2 year old. I love both of them. Or should I start two traditions? I get addicted to tradtions, darn!

caheinz
10-15-2007, 11:55 AM
Oooh, thanks!

We picked up an advent calendar (wooden) from Costco this year, and I didn't know what we were going to put in it.

I just ordered the Animal Nativity from Playmobil (DS is 3.5, and we were concerned about the age range on Lego). We'll just drop the pieces into the boxes of the one we have -- hopefully, they'll fit!

By the way, Amazon has pretty high prices for these. The Lego one is only $20 or $25 from Lego, and the Playmobil ones are about $15-20 elsewhere. (I just ordered from Target for $15 + s/h (online only).)