PDA

View Full Version : What are your Favorite Wii games?

Corie
10-15-2007, 04:22 PM
I would like to buy the Wii system for my DH for Christmas.
Do you have any game ideas? Games that he might particularly like?

Also, are there any games that you and your DH like to play
as a couple?

And, are there any games suitable for young children?

Any suggestions??

Thanks!

Marisa6826
10-15-2007, 04:37 PM
I'm just kind of discovering this whole world of Wii. ;) I've been holding out on getting one till they release the Balance Board thingie . I'm also completely entranced by the cooking game. :P

http://e3nin.nintendo.com/wii_accessories.html (scroll down)

Do they even have stuff for kids as young as Sophie and Mia?

Is it worth getting or are they just going to break it or stuff (like my Simon Pearce lamps) in/around the TV?

-m

rupptopia
10-15-2007, 11:21 PM
DS just turned 3 & he can play the Excite Truck game pretty well. DH & I enjoy that one as well.

Family favorites are Carnival (esp. skeeball!), Play & Sports. DS is better than I thought at a lot of stuff, the Wii is just so easy to use. My parents even like the golf game.

Worst ever is the Monkey Ball game, don't know what I was thinking!

I have ordered FIFA 08 soccer game for the hubby, I'm assuming he will love it. I also plan on getting the Cars game for Christmas as it will probably be just like the truck game.

HTH! Michelle

renefjr
10-16-2007, 09:38 AM
Tiger Woods 2008 is a great game as well as Mario Party 8.

BTW, this week Toys R Us is having a Buy 2 Get 1 free promotion for all video games. Great time to buy!

Ceepa
10-16-2007, 11:35 AM
Corie,

I just started looking for DH, too. I'll let you know what I find as I start my research!

C.

Corie
10-16-2007, 01:33 PM
I bought the last Wii system today at Walmart. Apparently, they got 30 systems
in yesterday. I can't believe this craziness and it's only mid-October.
Glad I got one now!

Now, I just need to buy some games!! :)

Ceepa
10-16-2007, 04:52 PM
Awesome!

Now I have to check out Walmart for Wii. He has no idea I'm looking for this; I'm trying to surprise him.

Did you know Wii has a High School Musical game? I know nothing about it, but sounds like a Corie/Carson purchase.

colleenfs
10-17-2007, 10:43 AM
Corie-
Michael LOVES his Wii. He likes Zelda, dance revolution (quite a sight!), and John Madden football. He is also very excited for the upcoming Guitar Hero - due out this month, I think.

Julia likes bowling, Wii Sports, and the carnival games. There will soon be Disney Princess and Barbie games. Search on Amazon for info on these.

~Colleen
Julia, 1-10-02
Emma, 7-27-05

“I do believe in fairies. I do, I do.�

aim
10-17-2007, 01:34 PM
DH and I play Big Brain Academy with each other - and sometimes his parents when they are around

Amy
DS Bennett 1-14-04
DD Eleanor 1-24-07

Corie
10-17-2007, 08:02 PM
Awesome, Colleen! Thanks for the suggestions!

I think I might like the dance revolution! Sounds like fun!

MaddiesMommy
10-18-2007, 12:41 PM
Big Brain Academy is a lot of fun. I always tell my dh that he has an advantage b/c he's better at using the controller than I am. I should get a handicap. :)

Janine

Corie
10-18-2007, 08:53 PM
Janine,

Tell me more about Big Brain Academy. It sounds like Trivial
Pursuit to me. :)

MaddiesMommy
10-18-2007, 10:45 PM
Hey Corie,

It's not really like Trivial Pursuit. I thought that's what it was going to be like, before we got it. It's more like questions from an IQ test. There are different categories and you can choose the level of difficulty. There's a website. http://www.bigbrainacademy.com It has some sample questions.

Are you saving the Wii for Christmas? I'm sure the whole family will love it!

Janine

Mommy Of A Little Angel
10-19-2007, 11:20 AM
We love Wii Sports and Wii Play. Silly fun games that are easy to get the hang of! My DH's co-worker brought his 3 year old to work and she loves bowling!

I love Big Brain! Also WarioWare is a fun silly game that works well with groups. Rayman also has fun mini-game style play. I have always loved the Mario Party series too.

Boogie is a fun game. It comes with a microphone. It's a dance and karaoke game. Kids love it and so do adults!

Don't forget the virtual console. You can download games from every Nintendo system, Sega, and I forget the other one. They add new ones every Tuesday. We have downloaded a lot! I love the original Mario Bros.!

You are going to have lots of fun with your Wii!

Mommy Of A Little Angel
10-19-2007, 11:22 AM
Well, I could be partial. DH works on Tiger Woods! ;)

kijip
10-20-2007, 01:24 AM
My husband is a geek and plays the old school Zelda games with his friends on the Wii...I love that you can use Wii points to download the old school games. We have Super Mario Brothers and the like. Love it.

For games that you can't download all we have bought so far is Mario Party 8...that is what we play a little with Toby AND what has become the party game of the day for our friends. We play that as a couple sometimes, usually just for 10 turns quick before bed once a week or something. I like that you can make the games long or short. Well, we have Wii Sports too but I don't count that since it came with the Wii.

I am considering getting the cooking one for him for Christmas. Also, my friend and his wife are hinting that we should get the Harry Potter game.

My brother and his husband have a lot of games, so we borrow from them sometimes as well. I can't remember what because all I am decent at is bowling and Mario. :P

****Rocking out while parenting my smart little munchkin Toby. Just trying to do good in the world, a little at a time. Words to live by: it is *never* the wrong time to do the right thing :)