PDA

View Full Version : shower doors

josephsmom
10-17-2007, 09:34 AM
Hi ladies,

I haven't been here in a long, long time, but I know this is the place to come when you need answers!

I need help keeping my glass shower clean! This is the type with clear glass walls, each wall just a big pane of glass, no texturing and no frosting.

They look WORSE when I squeegee them or use an after-shower spray. DH thinks we need to wipe it down after each use. I just don't have time to do that--wiping down a shower of this size would take as long as the shower itself!

Any suggestions? Has anyone tried a product like rain-x on their shower?

Please help! TIA!

Helene
Mommy to Joseph, 12/29/01

Drag0nflygirl
10-18-2007, 08:59 AM
Honestly I don't think rain-x could hurt - may as well give it a shot. My mom does the squeegee thing with her shower and it works. Maybe you actually over do it? Kind of like painting a wall - if you do it for too long the results aren't as good? My only other suggestion is try a different squeegee.
HTH,
Nancy

luvmypeanut
10-18-2007, 11:25 AM
I've used Rain-X with good results.

josephsmom
10-18-2007, 02:04 PM
Great, I'm glad to hear from someone who used Rain-x. This might be a silly question, but does it stay on the glass well, or does it drip onto the floor of the shower? I have a ceramic tile floor in my shower, and don't want it to become slippery.

Thanks again!

~Helene, mommy to Joseph 12/29/01

ajmom
10-18-2007, 02:31 PM
I'm not sure if this is exactly true or not, but I've heard that shower gels do not leave the film on glass shower doors the way bar soap does. Might be worth a try?

nfowife
10-18-2007, 02:37 PM
I find the squeegee to be a must. BUT I really only have luck with softer squeegees, not the hard ones they sometimes sell. That really makes the difference for us, and we have HARD water. If we didn't squeegee there would be a horrendous buildup on our glass.

I hate squeegeeing. I usually don't do it unless necessary. I'd even get up a bit early to shower right before DH so he has to do it, not me!

sweetpea
10-18-2007, 03:21 PM
I spray a vinegar/water mix on ours after every shower. Every coupe of weeks I will also give it a good spray with straight vinegar and let it sit for awhile before I shower too. So far so good, I have never had to scrub it yet.

s7714
10-18-2007, 10:39 PM
The Method daily shower spray stuff works pretty good at keeping soap scum off my glass walls. I make sure to cover all the glass areas and then rinse it off the next morning during my shower. Lately I've been substituting the Method spray in one of the those Scrubbing Bubble auto cleaning devices. It does o.k. at keeping the glass clean that way--not nearly as clean as when I do it manually every day, but it's much easier to hit that button than it is to remember to spray down the whole stall every time.

I'm hoping to find a liquid body wash for my DH to use soon, so I can wean him off bar soap and reduce the soap scum factor even more!

Jennifer
Mommy to
Miss Pure Energy 3/03
Miss Limit Tester 6/05

Our bones may be brittle, but our spirit is unbreakable.
Osteogenesis Imperfecta www.oif.org