PDA

View Full Version : What is best highchair?

kruggel2004
10-17-2007, 10:48 AM
My son is now 5 months old. We originally purchased the First Years reclining booster chair. We thought this would be great. It is a space saver but it is very difficult to use. It takes two people to maneuvre the reclining button.
So i've been feeding my litte guy in his bouncy seat. Needless to say that is getting very messy. I would like to know what other people are using and what people would not recommend. I'm open to all prices and brands. I just need some reviews from other mothers who have used different ones. Thanks so much!

sand82552
10-17-2007, 11:06 AM
I used a clip on chair by for the first 6 months. It looked like this, although I think mine is made by bebecar.
http://www.babyuniverse.com/genProduct.html/PID/4785153/ctid/17/INstock/Y/D/

Then we bought a Stokke, and used that. I loved both b/c she could always be at the table with us.

http://www.stokke.com/

Happy 2B mommy
10-17-2007, 10:28 PM
I love my fisher-price Aquarium chair. The eye-popping color looks silly in my kitchen, but for durability, ease of use, clean-up and keeping DD amused while I'm getting meals ready it can't be beat.

I bought mine used, DD is the third kiddo to use it and it looks brand new. The newer version is the rainforest one.

If you don't want a full high chair you might want to check out the fisher-price space-saver chair. I've heard mostly good things about it. It's padded and reclines. I've seen it at Target and Walmart. Also doesn't have the garish colors that the other F-P chairs have.

anamika
10-19-2007, 12:20 PM
I have used at different times and liked all the above.
We had the FP Healthy care booster - great b'cos it uses an existing chair but not so great if you have company and need the extra chair. But it's easy to take off and on. So not that big a deal. Easy to clean and the tray etc go in the dishwasher.
We also had the Aquarium high chair and that worked great till she was around 2. Then we gave in and bought the Stokke Kinderzeat and this is still going strong - I like that she can eat at the table with us, can get on and off herself and most importantly - her feet have a good resting place.
I'm not sure how well the Kinderzeat works when they are very little since I haven't used it at that stage.
HTH

mommytotwo
10-20-2007, 07:25 PM
We used the Peg Perego and then moved to a Kinderzeat. Both worked out well. I really like the extra tray on the Peg Perego high chair as it makes it really easy to clean. The cloth seat also cleans up very easily.