PDA

View Full Version : Was it weird to choose Tidoo over Calin as a regular doll??

mom to little e
10-25-2007, 05:50 PM
Has anyone else chosen the Corelle Tidoo over Calin??

I've been set to get the Calin doll (Charming Pink) since it has blue eyes like DD but when I went to the store today I chose the Tidoo instead. The Tidoo "looks" more like DD with her darker blue eyes and darker skin tone. Was it off the wall for me to choose a bath doll over the other? I couldn't open the boxes to check them out and I don't want to have made a bad choice.

Maryann
Mommy to Ean & Mia!

elliput
10-25-2007, 07:08 PM
I don't think it is weird. In the long run I am sure you will be happy with your choice since the Tidoo is designed to be even more water friendly than the Calin, as your DD will want to give her baby lots of baths.

sarahsthreads
10-25-2007, 07:49 PM
I did choose the Tidoo over Calin for DD's first birthday, but bought her a Calin as well when she was 2 1/2. The stuffing in the Tidoo is much lighter, and the poor thing is so extremely floppy now after two years of love. I actually wound up getting DD the Calin because it had brown eyes & brown hair, just like DD, not so much because the Tidoo was lacking in play value or anything.

DD does still love her first "baby", and I think because it *is* lighter that it was probably a good choice for a one-year-old.

The Tidoo definitely doesn't sit well - like in high chairs or strollers - which does frustrate DD a bit now that she's into role playing, but the Calin isn't a great choice for that either.

A very long-winded way of saying it's probably a fine choice. Especially since if your DD is anything like mine you'll wind up with several baby dolls eventually!

Sarah :)

mom to little e
10-25-2007, 07:54 PM
Thanks to both of you for the feedback. Sometimes I think I am just not a girly-mom and don't get the whole baby doll thing. I was never a big doll person so I'm just getting used to this.

I did take the doll out of the box and was SO supprised that it was so light. I think it is very sweet and am very excited to give it to DD for Christmas. I'm off to decide on a cradle and stroller, now. :)

Maryann
Mommy to Ean & Mia!

anamika
10-25-2007, 08:24 PM
Tidoo was my DD's first doll. I never even considered that it might be odd!
She was both a bath toy and around the house toy then when DD got more dolls randomly, Tidoo was her special bath friend.