PDA

View Full Version : Thank you!!!

nicknack
11-01-2007, 02:10 PM
Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for the Geotrax help! I think I'm going for it from Santa (those darn Fireman Sam toys are just too expensive to ship over here!).

Will probably go with the Grand Central Station set and maybe a few other trains.

Is the fun of it setting it up or do you think it would be cooler to run out Christmas morning and see it all set up?

SnuggleBuggles
11-01-2007, 07:06 PM
Maybe you could have the GCS and all ready to run (they can be over packaged and you need a screwdriver for the batteries) but leave any extra stuff wrapped for later building on Christmas day?

We have been setting up all our "from Santa" stuff anyway rather than wrapping it...it's a time saver and I think it looks cool.

Beth

new_mommy25
11-01-2007, 10:14 PM
Definitely have it set it under the tree. Your DS will be so excited to walk in and see the train set! He will likely want to play right away. We never wrap Santa gifts. Maybe put a big bow on the station or hide it under some tissue if you really want to wrap it?

eta: I agree with the PP to not open the extra trains or accesories. Those would be fun to unwrap. Or you could open the trains and get them all set up with batteries and stick them in DS's stocking.

SnuggleBuggles
11-02-2007, 02:13 PM
It's a "temporary price cut." Not sure if that is the going rate or not other places so I thought I would pass that on.

Beth

fauve01
11-02-2007, 03:21 PM
I just wanted to say that i got a grand central station set at costco for about $42 i think. i'm not sure if it has extra stuff in it, but costco sets often do.

anne + dd 10-03

nicknack
11-02-2007, 07:18 PM
Ooh, thanks! I might just have to run out tomorrow morning, or is it for the week starting on Sunday?

kaitlinsmommy
11-02-2007, 08:16 PM
I got that Costco set yesterday & today saw GCS set at Target for $39.99. I actually called FP to find out the differences in the sets. Apparently, the Costco set has a few more items (it's called GCS Mega set) but they are really similar.

SnuggleBuggles
11-02-2007, 10:05 PM
It was in their holiday toy catalog. It says Nov.4-21st. HTH,
Beth