PDA

View Full Version : gift ideas for a 5 year old boy...

ctmom
11-02-2007, 07:57 AM
my nephew is turning 5 in a couple of weeks and I needs some ideas for a gift. He has a 8 year old brother and a lot of toys already. Anything new and different out there that they might not already have? Trying to keep it under $30...

Thanks!

Mary
dd#1 2/01
dd#2 12/03

kedss
11-02-2007, 08:34 AM
Art supplies make a good gift, you could get an art box, put markers, chalk, stickers, erasers, and get a few pads of paper. :)

lovin2shop
11-02-2007, 11:12 AM
I found this to be a tough age to find presents that make both boy and mom happy. My DS only wanted Transformers and Power Rangers. Sigh. Remote control cars, airplanes, etc. are exciting, the only problem with these is that they seem to break very easily. I would check out some parent reviews to get something durable. Video games are starting to get big in this age group, I'm just trying to delay the introduction for awhile.

My DS is a book worm, but not so much into arts and crafts. I think these are both great options, depending on the interests of the particular child. Drew also really likes board games.

HTH!

Tondi G
11-02-2007, 11:53 AM
Not a great educational toy but we were at a wedding this weekend and all the kids were crowded around playing with this thing. They had so much fun and it kept them occupied for a long time! I love anything that will keep my kids outside playing in the fresh air and moving around!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0006N6UQE/ref=wl_it_dp/104-4223592-4970338?ie=UTF8&coliid=I3N9MCJ0HQ2UI5&colid=15D4KFQBWPQF2

I would probbaly buy some extra rockets for it (they can get stuck on rooftops and in trees)!

HTH's you!

~Tondi
Mommy to Mason 7/01 and Aidan 5/05

Jen841
11-02-2007, 12:24 PM
My inlaws of this at their house and the kids love it! You can but sets for $9 at TJMaxx and Marshalls.

This is the other hit with the nieces, nephews and my boys - http://learningexpress.com/childrens_toys/partNumber_TE2685/proj.html

At 5 they are starting to understand the concept of $. You could give the above plus a gift card. My nephew loves stretching out his money at stores now.

SnuggleBuggles
11-02-2007, 02:17 PM
Legos! Endless possibilities. :) Plenty of good sets or you could just buy a bucket of bricks.

Board games/ card games. Any Cranium game will do. Other good ones...Clue Jr., Uno, Rat a Tat Cat, Jr. Labyrinth, regular Labirynth.

Beth