PDA

View Full Version : Where does one find non-plastic (or even white plastic) easter eggs?

kayte
11-03-2007, 01:01 PM
I would like a metal or wooden egg that opens --or even white plastic ones... I searched high and low last Easter for some white plastic ones and never found them. Anybody have any thoughts where to find some --or even what to search google for --- 'metal egg' brings up all sorts of heavy metal music references...

Tondi G
11-03-2007, 04:40 PM
http://www.orientaltrading.com/application?namespace=browse&origin=searchMain.jsp&event=link.itemDetails&demandPrefix=12&sku=37/699&mode=Searching&erec=0&D=easter%2Begg%2Btins&Ntt=easter%2Begg%2Btins&Ntk=all&Dx=mode%252bmatchallpartial&Ntx=mode%252bmatchallpartial&y=0&N=0&x=0&sd=Easter+Egg+Tins

Not white but a tin egg! Could you paint them maybe?

new_mommy25
11-03-2007, 05:12 PM
Haba makes a metal egg that opens. It's really hard for children to operate though, IMO. You could always buy plastic eggs and spray paint it white.

s7714
11-03-2007, 11:50 PM
Not sure what your final plan is for the eggs, but what about paper maché ones? I know my craft store had brown paper maché eggs around easter time in a couple of sizes. They can easily be opened by kids, but of course they aren't going to hold up to a lot of abuse.

Jennifer
Mommy to
Miss Pure Energy 3/03
Miss Limit Tester 6/05

Our bones may be brittle, but our spirit is unbreakable.
Osteogenesis Imperfecta www.oif.org