PDA

View Full Version : How do you re-inflate a Gertie ball?

stefani
11-04-2007, 12:46 AM
DS's Gertie ball is getting soft and he wants to pump it. I cannot quite figure out how to re-inflate it (I don't seem to be able to pull out the white "pin" at the inflation site). DH knows but doesn't want to do it nor explain it to me, so I have to turn to you all :-)

TIA.

caleymama
11-04-2007, 10:30 AM
Ours came with a straw for re-inflation. The pin should pull out and then we've always just inserted the straw into the whole and blown it up. I have a tough time getting the straw out and the pin in w/o losing too much air, but DH seems to manage just fine. HTH and good luck.

annasmom
11-04-2007, 02:27 PM
If you no longer have the straw it came with, a juice box or small sippy cup straw should do the trick. Our last Gertie actually came with 2 straws and an extra pin insert - I guess a lot of people misplace these!

stefani
11-04-2007, 02:40 PM
Ah, thank you! I know I can count on this board members :-)

I managed to pull out the plug (pin insert?), I guess I needed to pull it harder. Then I used a basketball pin to inflate it. I have to pump it a little more, because when I pull out the inflator pin some air will escape. Thank you for the suggestion of juice box / small sippy cup straw, that will come handy, as I have no idea what happened to the original straw.

Thank you!