PDA

View Full Version : Pottery Barn Kids Dollhouse Furniture or any other recommendations?

MMMommy
11-04-2007, 12:48 AM
I love the look of the PB Kids Westport Dollhouse furniture sets, but they cost a fortune. The average price per room set is $39 ($44 for the dining room set alone). So they cost a pretty penny. Does anyone have these sets and/or older PB Kids dollhouse furniture sets and can say that they are long lasting and of good quality? I've researched most of the dollhouse sets--Ryan's Room, Plan Toys, Voila, Hearthsong, etc., but I keep coming back to the PB Kids sets b/c they are so cute, BUT are way too pricey. Does anyone know of any other brands similar in style or look? Any recommendations for wooden dollhouse furniture in general? Thanks!

twobabes
01-06-2009, 06:40 AM
Did you find out if any other brands fit in the PBK house? Not only is their stuff pricey, but the options are very limited.

MMMommy
01-06-2009, 11:54 AM
Did you find out if any other brands fit in the PBK house? Not only is their stuff pricey, but the options are very limited.

We ended up going with the Leaps and Bounds Battat dollhouse that year, and I loved it. Note: DDs never played with it, and it just collected dust. Now they have a Barbie-sized dollhouse that they play with a lot more.

alien_host
01-06-2009, 02:00 PM
We got DD the Westport Townhouse this Christmas. I talked the manager into selling me the floor model during the Friends and Family sale and got it for a steal. I also bought the furniture at F&F so it was 20% off. The quality is great and the pieces are adorable (replicas of many PB pieces). I had two relatives buy her two sets and that was her main gift from them.

The Kitchen set is on sale for $14.99 (just checked, it's still available).

My issue is that the townhouse is small and we already need an addition to fit everything! We have the bedroom (twin bed so the mom and dad have to squish) and the nursery in one room (3rd floor) - no bed for the little girl.

The dining room and kitchen on the 2nd floor and the living room on the 3rd floor and the bathroom in the attic. The kitchen/dining room is pretty cramped and hard to play since DD (3.5) keeps knocking things over and gets frustrated.

If I had to do it again, I'd skip the nursery (but it is adorable) and maybe even the dining room. The only thing is the kitchen has a table but no chairs.

I think maybe the Plan Toy sets would fit but I don't have any to compare exact sizing.

I'd keep looking on PBK site, they may discontinue/redo pieces and sell them off at a discount. I think the kitchen at the store is a darker color than the old one.

alien_host
01-06-2009, 02:03 PM
Oh and I found an outdoor set at the store (2 adirondack chairs and a sandbox) for like $15 --- goes great on the play mat ouside of the house. I forget the price (I bought mine at the F&F sale) but the Atrium store in Chestnut Hill Ma had a few left in the sale area if you want to see if they would ship it to you.