PDA

View Full Version : Toys suggestions for 12 month boy who LOVES balls

bee
11-04-2007, 11:38 AM
My almost 1 year old son loves balls which is a bit different than my older son. We have a basketball goal (Little Tikes) and the ball popper. Any suggestions for cool toys involving balls he would like?
Thanks in advance!

traciann
11-04-2007, 11:50 AM
i think you ds wiuld enjoy a ball drop. we have the Castle Marbleworks from Discovery Toys and I cannot say enough good things about it. i got it after a year and she loved to watch the balls drop....and it has just gotten better as she has gotten older (now 2.5) all my friends kids love it (all the way up to 6 yrs) and I can tell that its going to be around for a while. i do put it up for a while and bring it back down every so often.

brittone2
11-04-2007, 12:38 PM
O-ball
Gertie Ball (we like the bumpy ones especially)
Ball pit?
Ball track like the PP mentioned. DD is getting the Haba ball track (the large ball one, not the marble sized one) for her bday or Christmas. Selecta makes one too, as do several other companies.

new_mommy25
11-04-2007, 03:04 PM
I'm smiling here because my DS (who is 4 now) was also a ball lover. In fact, it was one of his first words. :)

We really liked the O Ball. We have both sides and I think the larger ball gets more play.

Another suggestion is a ball pit. You can buy one, or you can make your own by buying the big box of ball from Walmart/TRU/etc. and dumping them into a pack n play or small inflatable pool.

andie16
11-06-2007, 09:35 PM
My ds is the same way. His first word was ball too. I agree with the other posters who mentioned ball tracks.

We have a Fisher Price one that the child can pull up on. It does use batteries and lights up and plays music so you may not want that, but it has been a very popular toy for both dd and ds and kids who come over. Ds is getting the Selecta Variola ball track for xmas. I love the Haba one that a pp mentioned, but since we already have one where you just put the ball in and watch it go I went for the slightly more advanced one. I'm just hoping the ball isn't too small.

Right now ds's favorite ball game is to take the plastic Cinderella wand we got after eating at Cinderella's Castle at Disney World and to use it as a hockey stick to hit any smallish ball he can find (oversized golf ball, whiffle ball, etc.). I guess boys really will be boys!

boys2enough
11-06-2007, 11:13 PM
Hi,

When they were littler, my boys had the Tomy Ball Party toys. They are kind of $$$ on Amazon.com (for example), but I found all of ours at stores like Marshalls and T.J.Maxx.

Our favorite was the Tomy Ball Bounce.

http://www.amazon.com/Ball-Party-Bounce-Preschool-Toy/dp/B000JM6AX0/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_k2a_3_txt/002-4088063-8539240?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-2&pf_rd_r=00RYPMKB7H89GEFCSC18&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_p=304485601&pf_rd_i=B000F8R44W

Seriously. I would sit and drop the ball and watch it bounce again and again for a long time. It had a calming effect on all of us. I guess we were all pondering how it worked so well.

Cheers, Lin
http://smilies.vidahost.com/kao/otn/pnkypanda.gif