PDA

View Full Version : Which Cash Register?

giavila
11-06-2007, 06:32 PM
Hello. I'm looking for a Cash Register for DD. I know of the Haba one (which I think is so cute), the Learning Resources one currently at Costco and the Target Play Wonder. Which one would you get? I really like the wooden one from Haba, but not sure if DD would have as much fun with it since it is very simple. The others have a little bit more bells and whistles. I also read on another post that the Learning Resources one is really big.. is this true? So which one do you recommend?

TIA!

brittone2
11-06-2007, 07:07 PM
I guess it depends on your preferences in terms of bells and whistles and aesthetics, kwim?

We have this one:
http://www.novanatural.com/s.nl/it.A/id.1456/.f

but, that's because I scored it for $8 at a Waldorf school tag sale/fundraiser. It made the decision easy :) I would not pay $65+ for it, and I'm a lover of wooden toys in general. My son uses and likes it, but unless I was sure my DC would really play store a LOT, I'm not sure I could justify that amount of money. I've seen the Haba one IRL several times and it is very cute. I think a little smaller, but cute.

The Nova one has a cool crank that changes the number display, and it "dings" when you open the cash register (the whole section w/ the numbers on it lifts up; there is no actual "drawer" that pulls out). Very cute, but again, I'm not sure I'd pay $65 or more for it new, and we really like nice wooden stuff.

For 8 bucks, it has been great, and DS doesn't complain a bit about it not having more features. So I say go with the one you think your DC will like most or that you like the look of best, as long as it is in your budget.

giavila
11-08-2007, 03:41 PM
Thanks. I really like the one you have. I think that is what I'm looking for.. a nice wooden one with 1-2 fun features. I also really like this Selecta one, but it's double what I would like to spend! Maybe I'll just take my time and wait for a good deal.

http://www.blueberryforest.com/kitchen_grocery_play/selecta_cash_register.htm