PDA

View Full Version : What to do? need toy help

bubbaray
11-07-2007, 03:39 PM
I finally made some Corolle doll decisions and purchases. Got a brown-eyed, blonde-haired Calin for DD#2. Ordered a blue-eyed, blonde-haired 14" Vanilla Toddler doll for DD#1. Thought all was good. Well, both DDs were with me at the toy store when I picked up DD#2s Calin and neither seemed too interested. I thought maybe DD#2 was too little (9m), but she d/n play with DD#1s Calin either (for that matter, neither does DD#1). Calin is now going to be DD#2s 1st b-day present.

I thought maybe I'd try the Babipouce that you all recommended so highly. Back I went with just DD#2 this time and the owner of the B&M store pulled out a few different soft dolls, none of which interested DD#2 in the slightest. But, when she saw the Babipouce (still in the box), her face just LIT UP. Seriously. Lit up. So, I got the Babipouce.

Now, I don't know what to do. Do I give her the Babipouce doll now? She clearly liked it. She has had some health issues and spent many months screaming in pain. It was so nice to see a smile, KWIM?

OTOH, I'm struggling with ideas of toys to give DD#2 for Christmas, not to mention her b-day which is in January. I'm thinking the Calin will be better for her b-day (I also got some outfits for the Calin doll). DH is shaking his head, I've spent soooo much time on this freakin' doll decision.

So, give it to her now? Or wait? If I give it to her now, I need ideas for Christmas toys for her!

TIA

Here are the links:

Calin:
http://www.liveandlearn.com/corolle/calinblondewithbrowneyes.html

Babipouce:
http://www.amazon.com/Corolle-Babipouce-Flower-Cloth-Vinyl/dp/B000FPHGR0

14" Vanilla Toddler
http://www.amazon.com/Corolle-Vanilla-Blonde-Girl-Rooted/dp/B000OKRITC/ref=sr_1_1/105-5445283-0890007?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games&qid=1194464530&sr=1-1

Melissa

DD#1: 04/2004

DD#2: 01/2007

egoldber
11-07-2007, 03:54 PM
That's the Babipouce I gave Amy last year for the holidays. She is sooo cute. But really, only just now has Amy started playing with her or any doll. Honestly, I got her the doll because *I* wanted her to have the doll both now and un the future. I just think she's very sweet and will make a lovely doll.

Just going on my experience with Sarah, but she has received many, many dolls. She really didn't play with many of them until she was closer to 3. Some little girls get into pretend play with dolls early, but I think 2-3 is a more realistic age from a developmental perspective. Sarah plays more with her dolls more now at age 6 than she ever has before.

bubbaray
11-08-2007, 02:51 PM
I'm weak. I gave it to her this morning.... I dunno what it is about that doll, but it makes her giggle. Its so cute to see!

Melissa

torontomom
11-08-2007, 08:50 PM
deleted...

bubbaray
11-09-2007, 12:04 AM
Thanks -- yes, we have a doll stroller. We had 2, but I gave one to our daycare. The thought of 2 doll strollers driving over my toes made me cringe! ;) DD#1 has been using her baby blankets as doll blankets for her dolls. I was considering the IKEA doll bed for each girl (it is pretty much the same as DD#1s Hemnes IKEA bed). Hmmmm.

Melissa