PDA

View Full Version : Lego mosaics?

bubbaray
11-08-2007, 04:04 PM
These have been highly rated in a parent magazine I get. I can't find them IRL, so would order online.

Anyone have them? Are they a hit??? I would be getting them for DD#1, age 3.5

TIA
Melissa

DD#1: 04/2004

DD#2: 01/2007

jillmk
11-08-2007, 04:07 PM
We don't have them but they look like fun! I just saw a bunch of them at our Toys R Us, have you checked there?

egoldber
11-08-2007, 05:17 PM
Does she have excellent fine motor, does she like doing fine detail patterns/puzzles AND is there a place where she can play with them completely away from the baby?

I am pretty sure this a 4+ or 5+ toy. You use the tiny one x one Lego pieces to make pictures. My 6 year old thinks they are really cool.

You can also download pictures and you can do them yourself with regular (one x one) Legos and a baseplate.

http://creative.lego.com/en-US/mosaic/default.aspx

ETA: I have seen them at Target if that helps you.

bubbaray
11-08-2007, 05:57 PM
Thanks ladies!

Yes, she has excellent fine motor skills. Her daycare provider says they are much better than most kids in kindergarten. I was thinking Aquadots, but obviously not anymore.... Yeah, I would definitely have to keep the lego away from the baby, LOL. I thought the Lego would be better than the Aquadots b/c the pieces would (hopefully) be easier to see on the floor than the little balls.

Hmmm, I didn't know you could use regular lego to do ths same thing. Maybe if I can't find them IRL I could try that first.

Thanks again! :)

Melissa

DD#1: 04/2004

DD#2: 01/2007