PDA

View Full Version : Moon Sand

NewGrandma
11-08-2007, 06:31 PM
I saw Moon Sand (Sand you can mold) in Walmart today and am wondering if it is similar to Play Doh or very different. We have tons of Play Doh so if it's almost the same I don't think I want any. If you have some can you please give me your input?
Thanks,
Linda

craftysierra
11-08-2007, 09:03 PM
For us it was very messy! Very fine sand that stuck to everything. Granted my kids are small but the clean up not worth it for us.

Sierra

Ceepa
11-08-2007, 09:28 PM
I wanted some until all the moms here started mentioning how it makes a big mess.

-Ceepa

vwh99
11-08-2007, 11:43 PM
My daughter got it as a birthday present and loved it. But, it's definitely not an indoor toy! Think being at the beach INSIDE your house........it got really ground up into the carpet and it was not easy vacuuming up!!

I would never give this to anyone as a gift.

Val

DDowning
11-09-2007, 12:31 AM
I agree with other posters, this was strictly and outside toy because of the mess. It is not as clingly as Play-Doh and the sand sticks to everything. My DH made me promise to never get this again!

NewGrandma
11-09-2007, 06:58 PM
As much as I love Play Doh this sounds like it would drive even me crazy! Thanks for your input. I'll stick to Play Doh.
Thanks,
Linda

jacksmomtobe
11-09-2007, 08:38 PM
Just to reiterate what the other posters said..this stuff is messy. We only let DS use it outside and even there it was a pain. It got all over and the effort of taking it out, using it, picking it up again and putting it away was not worth it. Definitely stick to play doh! At least if play doh gets on stuff it's fairly easy to clean up and you just pop it back in it's can.