PDA

View Full Version : Ok now where do we put the dollhouse?

kaileysmom
11-09-2007, 01:26 PM
With all this talk of dollhouses, I know many of us are anxious to give them to our DC..But I have a question. Where are you planning to keep it? I am keeping it in DD1's bedroom due to small parts and DD2 is mouthing everything!!! But are you putting it on a table, etc? Her table and chair set doesn't seem like it would allow for enough room.. And I do not have a train table. Any ideas/suggestions?

giavila
11-09-2007, 05:40 PM
I made space for it on the floor in her room. I'm not sure if she's gonna prefer to get down on the floor or have it on a table. I was just gonna wait and see how she prefers to play. We have the Medium Nilo Table in the corner of our living room so I'm thinking we can put it on there once in awhile too. If she prefers it up on table I might move the Nilo table to her room.

MMMommy
11-09-2007, 07:37 PM
Ours will go on a coffee table pushed to the side of the room in our family room.

southernmom
11-09-2007, 09:31 PM
We plan to get the twins a table and chairs. I plan to put the dollhouse initially on the floor, but will move it to the table, if they want it up higher.

new_mommy25
11-09-2007, 09:41 PM
Ours is on the floor. The kids don't mind but I wish it was on a low table. They never play with the bottom level because you basically have to lie down or stoop really low.

babyready
11-10-2007, 03:42 PM
DD is 3 and we have a little table. I thought this was a great idea but she does have trouble with the top level. She just uses her step stool, though. She figured that out on her own! I think if it were on the floor then you have the opposite problem of not getting much play out of the bottom floor. But maybe not.

kaileysmom
11-13-2007, 03:07 PM
Thanks for the replies. I think I'll just play it by ear. I'll see how she does on the floor, and if it's a problem I'll look for a lower table. I wish I could use the coffee table in their playroom, but I really don't want DD2 to have easy access to it!