PDA

View Full Version : Kettler Futura - Removable Tray

Kindra178
11-11-2007, 10:53 AM
Yes, another wooden high chair post. I apologize in advance. The Kettler Futura is available at Albee for $109 in mahogany. Does anyone have this one? It is no longer on Kettler's website. Does it have a removable tray? I would like to use the tray for now but ultimately move it up to the table for my squirmy 16 month old. It seems like a great deal. I guess I am not opposed to the Tripp Trap or Tipp Topp either, but it won't be quite at reasonable.

Assuming I get a no tray high chair, can the Croc. Creek placemats go right into the dishwasher?

Kindra178
11-11-2007, 10:53 AM
Yes, another wooden high chair post. I apologize in advance. The Kettler Futura is available at Albee for $109 in mahogany. Does anyone have this one? It is no longer on Kettler's website. Does it have a removable tray? I would like to use the tray for now but ultimately move it up to the table for my squirmy 16 month old. It seems like a great deal. I guess I am not opposed to the Tripp Trap or Tipp Topp either, but it won't be quite at reasonable.

Assuming I get a no tray high chair, can the Croc. Creek placemats go right into the dishwasher?

brittone2
11-11-2007, 12:14 PM
we have the Tipp Topp, but not the Futura. It is okay IMO, but I"m trying to use it w/ a younger baby (she's 11 months). I don't *love* it for a younger baby, mostly because the harness we have is only a lap belt, and she manages to squirm out of it and attempts to stand in her high chair. The tray pulls out, but is not easily removed entirely.

The other thing that bugs me is the wood is more porous than my son's Kinderzeat. The tray wipes off fairly easily, but blueberries, blackberries, etc. stain the wood on the seat portion quite a bit (I have a light colored chair though).

In comparison, my son's KZ is far easier to clean because the wood is less porous. It is much easier to wipe off blueberry stains for sure ;)

I think I'll like the Tipp Topp more once she's using it without a tray. DS started using his KZ around 15-16 months and that worked out well for us. He wasn't constantly trying to stand up in it, etc. (but DD is also much more of a daredevil). Overall, I prefer the KZ, but the Tipp Topp was substantially less expensive (I think we snagged ours on Amazon for $99 plus free shipping). If I end up disliking it once we're ready to use it without the tray, then I guess I'll sell it and get a KZ.