PDA

View Full Version : Big Metal Tonka or Bruder Trucks

BaileyBea
11-12-2007, 02:01 AM
I would love to get DS some Big Metal Tonka or Bruder Trucks that can stay outside for playtime.

Can anyone make any good recommendations or know of any good deals out there.

This will be the "Santa" gift this year.

TIA,
Nancy

Meatball Mommie
11-13-2007, 03:50 PM
I can't comment on the Bruder Trucks other than they look really nice. We don't have them, but we do have lots of Tonka metal trucks. We generally keep them outside in our big sandbox although they go into the basement for the winter. They are holding up just fine - no rust or anything, although I think if you used them at the beach, they would take a beating I wash the dirt/sand off before we bring them in for the winter. My only beef with the Tonka stuff is that they aren't really accurate :) The family business is excavation so we have all the different machines and the kids even notice that they're not correct! I think the Bruder ones are very accurate from what I've seen, I just don't know how they'd last outside. Good luck!

Karen
Mom to 2 boys (2 1/2 and 4 yrs)

hazel
11-13-2007, 04:08 PM
The Mighty Dump Truck from Tonka I have seen in tons of stores (TRU, Kohls, WalMart...). TRU has some packaged with a little hard hat and I think two sand tools. The Kohls one is packaged with some fake boulders smaller than tennis balls, maybe 8 or so. The WalMart one was just the truck.

The other two items in the Mighty Tonka line (a crane thing and something else) don't have the great reviews the dump truck does... on amazon anyway.