PDA

View Full Version : Question about AG Bitty Baby Accessories

pinkmomagain
11-12-2007, 09:56 AM
Hoping someone out there might be able to help. I want to get my 2yo dd a highchair for her doll....currently she has Corolle Calin but next year we will be giving her a Bitty Baby (it's already been purchased and stored away). I was thinking of getting the BB highchair for her this Xmas and am hoping it will work with the Calin doll until she gets a BB next year. But I'm not sure if it will be too big and frustrating to keep Calin propped up in there.

Does anyone own this highchair (or maybe have seen it IRL) and think that it might work?

http://store.americangirl.com/agshop/html/ProductPage.jsf/itemId/67825/itemType/FG/webTemplateId/3/uniqueId/98/saleGroupId/225

TIA

Gina

mnosky1
11-12-2007, 10:26 PM
We have that highchair. We have a bitty babay and corelle (15" I think, she wears the same clothes as bitty but has hair long enough for pigtails ). Even for using it with bitty baby, you have to sit her down and then put the tray on to "hold" her in place, otherwise she straightens out and falls out of the seat. Not sure if that is clear, but basiclaly you fold the doll to get her to sit and the seat in place holds her there. Actually I think the corelle doll sits a little better but basiclaly the same thing. DD4 always asks for help to get the tray on for the doll to sit. I still like it though - prices were all about that high and it was the best looking one I could find and comes apart to be a table set.
Michelle

pinkmomagain
11-12-2007, 10:46 PM
Thanks so much for your reply. I think Calin is 12"....At this point we are using dd's bjorn potty as a chair for the doll, so anything should be better than that. I was surprised that the AG highchair price was comparable to others online....I think it's the way to go, given she'll get a BB next year. Thanks for helping to confirm.......

Gina

bubbaray
11-12-2007, 10:55 PM
Yes, Calin is 12", but the PP is probably talking about one of the larger Corolle baby or toddler dolls, some of which are 15 and 14" respectively. If something works for one of the Corolle Chouquette dolls, for example, it should work for BB, they are close enough in size, IMO.

Do you have a Bumbo seat? You might even be able to find one cheap on Craigslist as they were recalled recently.

HTH

Melissa

DD#1: 04/2004

DD#2: 01/2007

SheriRae
11-13-2007, 09:07 AM
We have the highchair. I think you will be fine with the Corolle doll. It will most likely work better than the BB. You can place the doll in the seat with the tray in place and the Corolle doll sits much better that the BB. I find using the BB doll in that highchair is a PITA. As previous pp said you have to hold it in place to get the tray on (and even then sometimes the tray pops back off.) My dd has to ask for help everytime when she's using her BB with that highchair.

Having said that, the highchair is very cute and my dd plays with it probably daily.....just not with her BB, she uses her Calin and stuff animals