PDA

View Full Version : "Squashy" toy baskets?

writermama
11-13-2007, 12:19 PM
We have some collapseable laundry hampers from Ikea that we use to store big things like stuffed animals. (Something like this: http://tinyurl.com/28r9r8 )

I used to use small plastic bins for storing other toys (Little people, blocks, instruments, teethers), but the kids were climbing on them to get to things they're not supposed to get into. I'd like to get some smallish "squashy" baskets of fabric or netting -- basically something the right size for small toys, but will collapse (but not break) if stepped on.

Any ideas where I could find them?

Thanks,

baileygirl
11-13-2007, 12:30 PM
Ikea has those baskets in smaller sizes. This weekend I bought a set of 3 medium ones for around $4.99. They had 3 small baskets for a dollar less. I also use those zippered laundry bags (for delicates in the washer), and keep groups of small toys together in those.

August Mom
11-13-2007, 02:06 PM
Container Store

hillview
11-13-2007, 02:11 PM
We have 3 squashy hampers from the Container Store. I searched online but they aren't posted online. They also came in a smaller size. They are great and are collapsable into a flat square when not in use.
/hillary

Alys the Cat
11-13-2007, 03:58 PM
Ditto. We use the small IKEA baskets for cars, blocks, etc. I think ours came in a three-pack: red, blue and bright green.