PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of your Eddie Bauer SIGG-type bottles?

SASM
11-13-2007, 09:41 PM
Just curious if the feedback is positive since you've all had yours for a little while now. Do they ding easily? Do you like them? Do your kids like them? How do they vary from SIGGs?

TIA!!

danagee
11-13-2007, 10:23 PM
I think they seem a bit thinner than SIGGs.

I really don't like the spout, it's hard/confusing to drink from! You have to sort of pull the top w/your teeth while your drinking from the bottle, very strange. I need to check and see if I can use my Klean Kanteen's Avent spout with those, they'd be better with them. Overall, though I think they're a great deal.

Dana
ds 8/04 * dd 1/06

kellyotn
11-13-2007, 10:24 PM
I don't like 'em. :) I can barely drink from that spout, the kids can't at all.

danagee
11-13-2007, 10:33 PM
Oh yeah, I haven't even tried to give those to my kids, it would be too frustrating for them.

Dana
ds 8/04 * dd 1/06

noodle
11-13-2007, 10:44 PM
Don't like them at all. The spout is difficult for the kids; we've had leaking problems. I'd gladly trade all 6 (if I still had them -- I've been giving them away as fast as I can ;)) for one SIGG.

Jennifer

kali
11-14-2007, 12:31 AM
The bottles are great, but the spout is awful. I even bought a Sigg top to try on them, but it's a poor fit.

It's funny that you posted this, because I literally shipped them back to Bargain Outfitters today. I figured I might as well take my chances on getting a refund since I was ready to toss them anyway.

Kali,
DS 7/04

amoonmama
11-14-2007, 10:27 AM
Hi,

I'm not crazy about them either. The spout is annoying, you have to pull on it with your teeth to keep it open while drinking. The bottle themselves are fine and don't seem much different to me than my sigg. My kids (4 and 11) do use them and don't complain about them at all. In fact, we have another aluminum bottle with a screw top which my daughter won't use because it's too much work. She prefers this sports type bottle. I would imagine that it's not too much work for a little one because you use a sucking motion to keep it open!

I only use them for water and I like that they don't leave a funny taste. But, I noticed someone had posted that they have a plasticizer coating. Kind of defeats the whole purpose of getting aluminum bottles. Make me leary of buying another sigg also since we don't know what their coating is made of. I'll buy kleen canteen next time.

HTH, especially since it was me that posted about them initially...sorry to everyone who was disappointed :-(

Wendy

ErinMC
11-14-2007, 12:13 PM
ITA - the spout is annoying and the kids can't drink with them. I still have 4 unopened ones - I'm debating shipping them back (or at least complaining!) so let me know if you have luck doing so!

Erin

Mom to Chase 2/2004 and Logan 5/2006

kali
11-16-2007, 11:00 PM
Wow, they already processed the return...I'm so impressed with their customer service!

Kali,
DS 7/04