PDA

View Full Version : video monitor for 2 rooms

dbianca23
11-14-2007, 01:38 PM
anyone know what the best video monitor is that works for monitoring 2 room. i'd like something that doesn't interfere w/ the wireless network and doesn't have a lot of static. thanks!

Java
11-14-2007, 07:16 PM
The only one I've found that works around the wireless network is the 900mhz monitors. I have 2 cameras working now, both kids' rooms with one monitor on each floor.

Channel A for DS, B for DD.

Works pretty well. The study is where I get the best reception for both rooms otherwise DD gets the best reception everywhere else. Probably bc she's got the newer version of the Summer Infant video set.

MarisaSF
11-14-2007, 08:18 PM
Do you mean you have 2 Summer Infant video monitors? The old version for DS and newer version for DD?

dbianca23
11-14-2007, 08:31 PM
which summer infant one is the newest model? i *think* there's a mobi one that also works for 2 rooms?? i don't know if it's new or not, i heard bad things about the first model.

taraalissa
11-15-2007, 10:22 AM
I just ordered this one, 2nd camera sold separately-

http://www.amazon.com/Bebe-Sounds-Panel-Color-Monitor/dp/B000VIYXWC

Java
11-15-2007, 06:37 PM
Yes, old for DS and new for DD.

We originally had both old versions but one of the monitor plugs got yanked around so much with DD tugging on it that it ripped off. At first it was partially ripped and I rigged it up with electrical tape. It worked for a few more months until DD yanked it loose for good. So we bought a new one (light blue, not the green aqua) and they are working together fine.

The new monitor (blue) is stationed downstairs and receives DD's room great. There's interference with DS's room but that may be because DD's new camera sends out a stronger signal. This is pure conjecture but is the only thing I can think of since when both monitors/cameras were the old version, I was able to receive both rooms. I can still receive DS's room, I just have to pick it up and move it around (like TV bunny ears).

The old monitor is upstairs and moves from my room at night to the study during the day. In the study (next to DS's room) it picks up both signals clearly. I can switch channels and see in both rooms. In my room (next to DD's) I can only pick up DD's signal. Again, perhaps it's bc she's got the new camera.

I not concerned too much with keeping a visual into DS's room except for naps so this works out great. If I had to keep a visual on him at night, then it would pose a problem. I guess I'd have to get a new monitor set for DS to compete with DD's but like I said, our current old/new set up works for us.

HTH!

dbianca23
11-15-2007, 07:59 PM
is that monitor portable?

Torster
11-15-2007, 10:21 PM
We have the Summer Day & Night Color Monitor. We get occasional static, but can fix that by moving the monitor around a little bit. No interference between the channels, and none from wireless, phones, or neighbors. It was an expensive setup, but worth every penny to me. Not just for safety, either -- watching my toddler singing to her stuffed animals in bed is priceless.