PDA

View Full Version : Plan Toys Garage

megulis
11-15-2007, 09:14 PM
Any reviews of this item? My MIL just bought one for my son. Also, are there better recommendations than this?

http://www.amazon.com/Plan-Toys-13560830-Parking-Garage/dp/B0001VV1GK/ref=pd_bbs_sr_2?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games&qid=1195175907&sr=1-2

Thanks!

babyready
11-15-2007, 10:48 PM
DD has only played with it at the toy store but she LOVES it. It is hard to pull her away. And I did hear the lady talking to someone yesterday about how well it has held up since it has been only display for so long and gets played with constantly. It seems well built and a good size for the plan cars but also for hotwheels type cars.

I'm jealous! I wish my MIL would buy DD something that cool!

JBaxter
11-16-2007, 12:18 AM
We got it last year and it holds up very well. Nathan plays with it alot. I have the delux road set and am thinking of adding another set of road/track

megulis
11-18-2007, 12:44 PM
Thank you for the reviews! I am still unsure because there were some moms in the toys that disappoint thread that said their kids don't use them. We have bought some hotwheels tracks, and my kids love playing with them when they are out. I put everything away, so they don't always play with toys. I really don't know what they do with themselves, but they usually have fun and laugh.

redhookmom
11-18-2007, 03:40 PM
My son has had it in his room for the last 4 years. He is 8 now. He still plays with it at least once a week. Right now he sets up his Playmobil men on it.

It's one of the last "babyish" toys in his room. (sniff, sniff)

megulis
11-18-2007, 07:29 PM
Any other toys that are long lasting? I want to invest in toys that last. I am not interested in toys he will only play with for 6 months.

redhookmom
11-18-2007, 09:17 PM
Let's see,
*blocks
*castle
*dress up (so cute to see him shove himself in, they are much too small)
*Leapster
*Playmobile
*The large wooden trucks were played with all of the time up until this past summer. He still plays with them but not as often. The large crane and dump truck were the best.
*Books on CD
*Decks of cards, big dice, play money (He is a math kid)
*Cash register (wooden one from Nova Natural)

ETA: Zoobs!! and animals.

We have been collecting animal families for years. Mostly we buy them at Target and a local toy store. We buy 2 big ones and 2 little ones. Everyday, they get played with.

Zoobs have been keeping him busy since 2 Christmas ago.